AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

claudiapintobravo
Message 1 of 6 (1,591 Views)

How can I scale materials??

1591 Views, 5 Replies
10-12-2012 03:40 PM

Hi,

firs of all sorry for my bad english :smileyhappy: I´m starting to use autocad on a mac, I have autocad 2012 instaled on the computer, and I can't change the scale (size), of the materials (3d environment). Can anyone help me find a way to do it? Or explain to me how can I do that?

Tank you so much :smileyhappy:

*Expert Elite*
maxim_k
Message 2 of 6 (1,583 Views)

Re: How can I scale materials??

10-12-2012 11:50 PM in reply to: claudiapintobravo

Hi,

Unfortunately in mac version of AutoCAD you can not scale (or adjust) materials maps, but here is one trick:

Before assigning material to some object you can scale it down (if you want material to be scaled up) or scale it up (if you want material to be scaled down), then assign material and then scale your object back to original size:

t.jpg

Maxim

Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | MARSS

claudiapintobravo
Message 3 of 6 (1,573 Views)

10-14-2012 03:25 PM in reply to: maxim_k

HI, thank you for the quick answer :smileyhappy:

i'ts possible to do that resize inside autocad? before aplly the texture? Please tell me how to do it, where sould i go to modify the scale?  

Thank you once again :smileyhappy:

*Expert Elite*
maxim_k
Message 4 of 6 (1,566 Views)

10-14-2012 06:09 PM in reply to: claudiapintobravo
Yes, inside AutoCAD.
Create your geometry (3D), scale up it with SCALE command, assign material, then scale down in order to scale down the material. Do opposite in order to scale up the material.

Maxim
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | MARSS

claudiapintobravo
Message 5 of 6 (1,556 Views)

10-15-2012 07:16 AM in reply to: claudiapintobravo

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I tried but the material is always at the same scale, either increase or decrease a cube for example.

*Expert Elite*
maxim_k
Message 6 of 6 (1,548 Views)

10-15-2012 11:15 AM in reply to: claudiapintobravo
Strange, very strange.. You have seen rendering example, that I have made in AutoCAD for Mac. Could you agree, that materials on boxes have different scale?
Could you post drawing with geometry you want to assign material? And a name of material you want to assign. I can try...

Maxim
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | MARSS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community