AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Lock Toolbars / Command line

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
CentralStandard
1157 Views, 6 Replies

How To Lock Toolbars / Command line

Geezo peezo! This is almost like starting from scratch. 

My toolbars keep moving around and / or disappear. If I do the reset palletts another AutoCad program starts up and some of the bars show up, Burt not in the drawing I am in. 

Restart AutoCad and the toolbars are still missing. The command line does not show up again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Central Standard

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: CentralStandard

AutoCAD version?
Your chosen OS?
Message 3 of 7
CentralStandard
in reply to: pendean

Acad Mac 14

Mavericks

Message 4 of 7
maxim_k

Hi,

My suggestions:
- Ensure that you installed Service Packs for AutoCAD (SP1 and SP2)
- Quit AutoCAD using menu AutoCAD -> Quit AutoCAD,
- Launch Activity Monitor application, look at the list of processes: if you will find AutoCAD instance in the list- kill it from Activity Monitor,
- Restart your Mac (don't forget to uncheck "Open running applications at next login"
- Launch AutoCAD after restarting, use Reset Palettes from Window menu, arrange palettes as you need, Quit AutoCAD using Quit AutoCAD from menu.
- Start AutoCAD again.

If this doesn't help, than you can also try to Reset AutoCAD from Application tab of AutoCAD Preferences. Plus you can try to trash Profile.aws file (I will tell you how to find it little bit later)

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 7
maxim_k

You can find Profile.aws file in:
~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD 2014/R19.1/enu/Support folder.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 6 of 7
CentralStandard
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you. I will give your suggestions a try.

Central Standard

Message 7 of 7

Well, I'm back and thisclose to tossing the program out for the simple lack of consistency in menu location and appearance. Sometimes they are there, sometimes they are not. One day all my menus show up, another day some of them show up and then another time none of them show up. What is on the left one time will be on the right the next. Menus I don't want show up. They change width depending on which way the wind is blowing. 

What is it with you folks at Autodesk that you can't get your program to work (at least as menus are concerned) consistantly as with a PC? I should not have to be hacking CUI files to get stuff to work in a consistent manner. 

Phffft! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost