AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hideprecision set to <1> then tried to print always results in Cad crashing.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CalebdhATE
633 Views, 4 Replies

Hideprecision set to <1> then tried to print always results in Cad crashing.

I have viewports in paper space looking at a 3D model and when I print preview I end up with missing lines.

I use the command "hideprecision" setting it to <1> then try to print and without fail every time CAD crashes.

Can ANYONE help me with a fix please?

I have Downloaded all the updates while using 2011. Now I am using 2012 and i am still having the same issue.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MidnightBlue
in reply to: CalebdhATE

I have also had issues with hideprecision - I have been unable to use the <1> setting since switching to AutoCAD for Mac from the PC version.  In 2011, I ended up with totally empty viewports.  In 2012, it crashes.  While in 2011, I contact help via subcription, but the only suggestions were to use the hidden visual style, instead of legacy hidden, and play with the settings - which doesn't generate the output I need.

So, no help, but you're not alone.

Message 3 of 5
CalebdhATE

I am still having this issue with no fix

Message 4 of 5
maxim_k

Hi,

It appears, that in AC 2013, I don't have such issues with HIDEPRESISION settings: no crash, no missing lines.

... At least in the drawings that I have at hand.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 5
CalebdhATE
in reply to: maxim_k

Maxim, nice drawing.

Im reluctant to use my copy of 2013 because older drawings I have that are still being used for a major project were started in another program (brixcad) and I do not have the time to copy all relative drawings over to new autocad drawings at this stage. And for some reason (that myself or assistance from autocad) could not fix these drawings from another program continuously crash 2013.

Thanks for the info about hideprecision working in 2013. Ill swap over to it as soon as i can.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost