AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help dimensioning angled lines

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
pbid19
3864 Views, 4 Replies

Help dimensioning angled lines

Hello.  For some reason, I am having trouble dimensioning an angled line in CAD for Mac 2011 (not dimensioning the angle, but the length of the angled line).  

In the first attachment, see how when I try to dimension the angled line's length, CAD gives me the dimension of the X and Y planes, not the Z plane.  In the second attachment of the dimension style setup, you can see how the angled line dimension should look.  I'm assuming there is some setting that needs to be fixed.  This never used to be a problem with me on the PC version. 

I've tried turning off ortho mode and all sorts of other things, but can't seem to figure out how to dimension the length of an angled line.

Help please!!

Peg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pbid19
in reply to: pbid19

I just figured it out.  So not simple as in PC version.  For others that may want to know, after you click on your two dimension points, a little dialog box shows up.  Click on the arrow for more selections, then selected "rotated", then enter 45.  This works but what a lot of step to go through.

The joys of CAD for Mac.

Message 3 of 5
maxim_k

Hi,

As in PC version, you have to use Aligned dimension (DIMALIGNED command, which button is to the right from Linear dimension button on Annotation toolset of Tool Sets palette, just because some time you can not know the exact angle of the line you are trying to dimension. (you use 45 in your example, but it can be 46 or 47):

Screen Shot 2013-04-05 at 8.29.51.png

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 5
henr027g

HELP!

I got at problem. I cant figure out how to turn on the palette where dimension-tools as linear, aligned, arc length, ordinate etc. is in?

Im using AutoCad 2014 for mac.

It is the palette show left in linked picture.

regards

Henrik Sørensen

Message 5 of 5
maxim_k

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

You can open ToolSets palette from menu:
Tools ➤ Palettes ➤ Tool Sets

Or

Menu: Window ➤ Tool Sets

Or use Cmd+1 shortcut

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost