AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! AutoCAD 2013 for Mac running slow and reloading all the time!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1123 Views, 3 Replies

Help! AutoCAD 2013 for Mac running slow and reloading all the time!

I just upgraded from AutoCAD 2011 for Mac to 2013. 2011 was shutting down ever couple of minutes so I needed to upgrade to resolve that frustrating issue.

I JUST installed 2013, and the software is running super slow. Every time I enter a command, I get the rainbow swirling loading icon and it takes a minute or two before AutoCAD is ready for its next command. It seems to be saving my changes fine, and is loading my old drawings fine but this problem is making it nearly impossible to work with it!

I downloaded the Mac 2013 patch that I found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20538755&linkID=15839491

And it didnt seem to help.

I also tried turning off the infer constraints which supposedly slows down drawing loading, but that didnt seem to do anything either!

Help! I feel like throwing my computer out the window!!

Here is what I am using:

Mac OS X

Version 10.7.5

2.3 GHZ Intel Core i7

Macintosh HD

Thank you so much in advance!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Do you experience such delays even in new (just created) drawing?

@Anonymous wrote:

I also tried turning off the infer constraints which supposedly slows down drawing loading, but that didnt seem to do anything either!

If you think constraints are the culprit, then turning off infer constraints is not enough - you have to delete all existing constraints in your drawings.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi Maxim!

Thank you! I copied the items into a new drawing and I am using the new file now without a problem. I had to turn off the constraints as you suggested. I realized what my problem was when I started up the Activity Monitor in Mac (in your Apps folder) and realized that the old drawing was using 100% (or more) of my CPU! AutoCAD was just continually crashing and rebooting up. Now with the new drawing I use only about 20% of CPU and it runs great! THANK YOU!!!!!!

Message 4 of 4
wei503
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi evetterios,

Thanks for sharing your experience, and glad to hear that the issue can be worked around.

Can you please send me the original drawing and all reference files that experienced the slowdown and 100% CPU usage? I would like to have some test on it and see what issue is under it.

My email: wei.ma@autodesk.com

Thanks,
Wei

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost