AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch problem

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Bramborik
450 Views, 8 Replies

Hatch problem

Hello,

my cursor and screen jumps/moves away everytime when I single click on to hatch or use the hatch command it also does the same with text. So I have to find the hatch back when edting. 

Can anyone please help?

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
maxim_k
in reply to: Bramborik

You just pick a hatch and crosshairs go away from drawing window? An I right?
Strange behavior...

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 9
Bramborik
in reply to: maxim_k

yes, exactly. I click on hatch and it moves away from hatch pattern, its very annoying because I have to find drawing back everytime i do this. It only occurs with hatches and when I'm overwriting text. 

Message 4 of 9
maxim_k

Where do you have to find drawing? On Mac desktop? Or you mean that AutoCaD changes current view ( different zoom level or pan)?
If second- what do you see in Command window?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 9
Bramborik

Second. It shifts the view.

In the command line it doesn't say anything. Say for example I want to stretch hatch so I click on it and the whole MSPACE shifts somewhere. It occurs also when I just type H (hatch command) but it doesn't do it when I change HPDLGMODE to 1 then the windows pops up and the drawing stays still.

I really don't know what it is now I have it in all drawings I was thinking it can be related when I was installing some of the hatches but then it started doing later...

Message 6 of 9
maxim_k

Are you working in Model space or in Layout?
Have you tried to restart AutoCAD (AutoCAD->Quit AutoCAD)? Remove new hatch patterns?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 9
Bramborik

thank you for your help, I have spend two days searching for reason why this is happening but no luck.

I'm working in model space. 

yes, I tried restart it and remove new hatch pattern it has been happening for two weeks now.

I just tried another thing...I opened same drawing on MacBook with same hatches installed and drawing stay still its allright.

So its something in iMac, some settings...I have no idea.

Message 8 of 9
maxim_k

The only one solution I see here is try to reinstall AutoCAD with removing user preferences, but before you can try to Reset Application settings from Application tab of AutoCAD settings. And ... Could you make short screen cast of what happens and put it here before you try to reinstall?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 9 of 9
Bramborik

So by Resetting Application settings from Application tab of AutoCAD settings all is good. It worked. I forgot to do screenshot before I did the Reset but I did one after:) and noticed one thing, the hatch editor or viser on top of the screen is now nice in the middle but before it was on right side so I couldn't se the end of it (I never notice until now) so I was thinking maybe the whole window was somehow shifted...And when I click on hatch it tried to get closer to hatch editor....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost