AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Open Drawing - Not an Educational Product Drawing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mocromadona90
2451 Views, 4 Replies

HELP! Open Drawing - Not an Educational Product Drawing

Today I have downloaded Autocad 2012 for Mac and activated it as a student.

But, when I start the program, I receive an error message:

"Open Drawing - Not an Educational Product Drawing

The drawing file being opened was not created by a productfrom an

Autodesk Education Suite.

If you save this drawing, it will always be plotted with the following plot stamp: PRODUCED BY AN AUTODESK EDUCATIONAL PRODUCT. It is recommended the you save this drawing with a different file name."

This is the very first thing that comes up before the program starts, and I have not done anything in the program. Anybody know how to fix this? If I click "continue" it refer to "Error message to Autodesk"... And I need it a.s.a.p 😞

Please help me. I'm totally newbie for this.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: mocromadona90

Hi,

You mean, that after you pick "Continue" AutoCAD crashes with Customer Error Report?

What OS do you have on your Mac? If it is Mountain Lion - look here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20109560&linkID=15839490

If you have Lion or Snow Leopard: Have you installed all updates (Service Packs) available for AutoCAD 2012 for Mac for the moment?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
mocromadona90
in reply to: maxim_k

Ahhh. I used Mountain Lion 10.8... I don't know 2012 version is not supported... I've downloaded 550mb and now it totally wasted. 😞

By the way, many thanks for the info.. So, I should download again for the 2011 version?

Message 4 of 5
maxim_k

2011 version wouldn't be supported at all!

I'd recommend you to download 2013 version, though it is not officially supported too at the moment, but I've seen a lot of reports, that it works on ML. The only problem could be with installation - if I'm not mistaken: if the installation fails for the first time - run it again. BTW I hope, that SP3 for AC 2012 for Mac and SP1 for AC 2013 for Mac will be released soon (Beta testing has been going on for over a month).

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 5
enquires

I have been running AutoCAD Lt for the Mac on Mountain Lion and have not come across any issues yet, its a little slow in some parts but nothing that causes any problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost