AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing and Properties Inspector

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
jake447
2021 Views, 30 Replies

Freezing and Properties Inspector

I have downloaded and tried the Mac Autocad 2011 software three times now, (uninstalling it each time), but I still have the same issue of the software not working correctly. It opens the file and works fine until I try to click on an object. Properties Inspector does not recognize the objects that I have selected. Sometimes even the whole program freezes, and I am unable to move the curser. 

Any ideas or help other then uninstalling and re-downloading/installing?

Thanks.

30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31
gopalas
in reply to: jake447

Did you participate in the Beta program? If so, please uninstall any previous Beta, delete any folders you might've installed to, run the cleanup utility in the Beta program and try installing again.

Sriram Gopalakrishnan
Software Development Manager
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 31
jake447

Nope. I downloaded the program the day it came out. It is a student copy and I have a student licensee. I never installed the beta copy.

Message 4 of 31
gopalas

Can you post the specs for your system?

Sriram Gopalakrishnan
Software Development Manager
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 31
jake447
in reply to: gopalas

Here are my system specs, oh and the file that I m working with is a .dwg file exported from adobe illustrator. 

Thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 31
kob4lt

Same problem with properties inspector. where can we report bugs for autocad for mac?

Message 7 of 31
danail.nedyalkov
in reply to: kob4lt

I also have the issue with properties inspector not recognizing the selected object, although I don't experience freezing or crashing.

I have a clean install of 2011 for Mac and no previous beta versions.

This small problem is actually making the software unusable, since no properties can be changed after an object has been created.

Hardware: 15" MBPro 5,4; 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM;

Message 8 of 31
johnrwd

I have the same problem.

Also struggling with two further issues:

The 'match properties' command in the hatch dialogue box doesn't seem to function correctly. I click 'match properties' and select the object I want to copy and ok it then it fills with the hatch pattern that was in the box when it first opened.

When creating a new layer, my new layer doesn't appear on my list of layers but if I purge the drawing, the layer is there in the background and can be purged.

Anyone else had these issues or managed to resolve them.

...and I don't seem to be able to use 'qselect'. Is this not in the mac version?

John

Message 9 of 31
kob4lt
in reply to: johnrwd

same problem with new layer. No change when I hit + button

Message 10 of 31
Xiangl

Hi,

For the freezing and not recognizing entities issue, do you meet that after open a old drawing? Or for a new drawing it also happens.

Thanks,

Xiang

Message 11 of 31
johnrwd

I'm working with map files (ie. pre-existing drawings).

John

Message 12 of 31
wbrentarmstrong

I'm getting the same problems. I started with a new drawing, but have copied blocks from existing drawings into my file. Is this where the problem lies? Any signs of a fix/ work around?

Brent

Message 13 of 31
kob4lt
in reply to: wbrentarmstrong

maybe in the next release 😄

Message 14 of 31
ndcahill

Same problem here. Worked fine until yesterday; now the palette doesn't change no matter what objects I select. As pointed out, this makes the software impossible to use. The same files open fine under Windows in VMWare with ACAD 2011.

System: Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 10.6.5.

Message 15 of 31
ndcahill

Further on this: when I reset all AutoCAD prefs it worked again. But this still shouldn't happen.

Message 16 of 31
ndcahill

But, a bit later, it has failed again. It's a bore if we have to keep resetting the prefs just to make the program work.

Message 17 of 31
maxim_k
in reply to: ndcahill

Hi ndcahill,

Could you post your file?

I never had this issues with Prop Inspector. May be the case in this file?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 18 of 31
ndcahill
in reply to: maxim_k

I opened a file I'd never opened in ACAD Mac, and the properties inspector worked OK. Closed it, and reopened; PI didn't work, now. I reset the application preferences, and PI worked again; but soon it stops working. I can't figure out what is causing it to fail: I thought it was moving into paper space, but in the never-previously-opened file, I didn't use paper space, so it's not (just) that. Here's a sample file - no real data, just references and a few boxes for views I'm going to have to create. Many thanks for your help!

Nick Cahill

Message 19 of 31
maxim_k
in reply to: ndcahill

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately I can not reproduce Properties Inspector freezing with your file on my Mac.

Everything works correctly.

The only one thing I have noticed - boxes for views in your file are far away from WCS origin. Is it an "accident" or necessity?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 20 of 31
ndcahill

Thank you for trying. As I said, it sometimes works for me, but then stops working unpredictably. So how can this be solved? It's interesting that other people have had the same trouble, though; and that the same files work fine under ACAD Windows in VMWare Fusion; that makes me think it's not the files, but the program/settings.

The maps referenced in the file are in UTM coordinates, hence the large numbers.

Best wishes,

Nick Cahill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost