AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font Issue with LT 2013 for Mac

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
staceyvandegraeff
3041 Views, 9 Replies

Font Issue with LT 2013 for Mac

Our office just upgraded to AutoCAD LT 2013.  Some computers will be running on the Mac platform and some on the PC platform.  I have installed the Mac version for the first time and none of the fonts are working even though the correct fonts are installed in both the "user" and "computer" settings in fontbook.

Any idea how to get these fonts to display correctly on the Macs?

Tags (4)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
maxim_k
in reply to: staceyvandegraeff

Hi,

Not sure about ALL, but some of the TTF fonts really doesn't appears in AutoCAD for Mac. In my experience, those are an old one fonts, for example CityBlueprint font from 1996 year.

If you Quickview such font in Finder, you will see something like this:

Screen Shot 2012-12-04 at 9.04.25.png

And here is the same font, modified with FontLab Studio:

Screen Shot 2012-12-04 at 9.19.30.png

The last works well with AutoCAD for Mac.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 10
staceyvandegraeff
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi Thanks for the reply.  

I was able to get one font file working by adding the windows versions of the TT font to Applications/ Autodesk/AutoCAD LT 2013/ AutoCAD LT 2013/ Contents/ Resources/ Fonts/ 

Now I cannot get Arial to view the same on the mac and pc.  See the attached screenshots.  The first screen shot is from the PC and the second is from the Mac.  On the second screen shot you can see that the text alignment is 'off' when compared to the keynote bubbles and the revision cloud.  Any thoughts?

Message 4 of 10
maxim_k

Hi,

Are you sure that you are using exactly the same font on both PC and Mac?

It seems to me, that on first screenchot from PC the font is not true type (TTF), but rather SHX.

Could you check this:

When you open DWG file on PC -  look at the command prompt - are there any alerts about font substitutions?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 10
staceyvandegraeff

The file was created on a PC.  The text dialoge and text setup show both at Arial TT with all of the same settings.  I attached a couple more screenshots showing this....  still puzzled.

Message 6 of 10

Also, I don't get any messages about font substitutions.

Message 7 of 10
maxim_k

Could you post this file here or send it to me via e-mail: mkanaev at yandex.ru ?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 8 of 10
staceyvandegraeff

Here is the dwg file for the notes.  Thanks so much for your help!  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10

I also contacted Autodesk about this issue and now know that this is a program defect that needs to be fixed.  Here is the message that I got:

"Thanks for your message, the screen shots, and the drawing.  I also observe that same behavior using your file.  The thing that really throws the whole thing off is that keynote 4 doesn't wrap when viewed on the Mac (after 'surround,').  I adjusted the width of the mtext object to force that line to wrap and now the rest of it looks pretty good.  However, as you go down the list, the spacing is just a bit off, incrementally more the further down you go.

After seeing that, I was able to locate a defect that was logged with Development last summer about this particular issue with the Mac version of AutoCAD.  They noted that it had been fixed, but given your drawing here, that doesn't appear to be the case.  I'll follow up with them to reopen the defect."

Message 10 of 10
maxim_k

Thanks for the information,

Yes, after I look "deeper" in this problem I noticed that the case of problem could be in different spacing between letters when using TTF in Windows and Mac versions of AutoCAD, especially around letter A.

Look at screen-shot - red letters are from Windows version and black - from Mac version of AutoCAD.

Screen Shot 2012-12-07 at 0.30.29.png

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost