AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Block Insertion Points on AutoCAD 2013 for Mac

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Archi_Horror
4103 Views, 4 Replies

Editing Block Insertion Points on AutoCAD 2013 for Mac

Hello,

I made the mistake of NOT choosing an insertion point on the blocks I made. Now I need to edit them so the insertion point is actually on the block itself and not floating somewhere in space. 

I've found many ways to do this on the Windows version of CAD but am unable to find the information pertaining to the MAC side. The interface is very different between the two programs. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Thanls for your time.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

as you know that the Mac-version of AutoCAD is quite different to the Windows-version, why haven't you asked in the forum >>>AutoCAD for Mac<<<?

What would I do on the Windows-version (as I don't know the Mac one): open the block in the blockeditor, move the geometry of the blockdefinition to 0,0,0 (so point 0,0,0 is the new basepoint) and then save the blockdefinition when leaving the blockeditor. If there are attribtues in it you will have to run command _ATTSYNC to get the attributes to their correct new place.

Also important if you already have inserted these blocktypes in your drawing: remember the vector that you used to move the geometry within the blockdefinition near to 0,0,0 because you now have to move the blockinsertion by the oposite vector.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

Excellent. Thank you much Alfred! I was searching around AutoCad for hours trying to accomplish this.. That seems like such an obvious fix to the problem now that you told me how to do it.

As for not posting in the AutoCad for Mac group, I didn't see it initially on the front page so when I clicked into the AutoCad link I didn't scroll all the way down to the bottom where it's located. My mistake. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction though. It is much appreciated. Have a good night!

Message 4 of 5
mmrobilotta
in reply to: Archi_Horror

Message 5 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: mmrobilotta

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

Yes, it works in AutoCAD 2015 for Mac as you see from the video.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost