AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did AutoCAD for mac lose the tool to change an objects space?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
406 Views, 1 Reply

Did AutoCAD for mac lose the tool to change an objects space?

I've used the windows version for years, and just now am forced for the time being to work with AutoCAD mac, was that a tool pac option i had? i don't know, any help is appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I'm using AutoLISP routine (in attachment) for this.

The routine was written in 1992 by Gary Calwell and it is free.

DESCRIPTION:
CHSPACE allows entities that have been drawn in paper space to be moved to  model space and visa versa.  Tilemode must be set to 0 otherwise an error  message is given and the program terminates.  This program works by making a block of the desired entities and then inerting them, exploded into the desired space.  Consequently it is easy to change the insertion point, and scale of the entities in the new space.

To run, type: CHSPACE  tilemode must be set to 0.
 Next select the entities you wish to change and a reference point (the default is 0,0,0).  Then select the new reference point in the new space (the default is 0,0,0) and finally select the scale (default = 1). If there are no active viewports on screen, a message is given and the program terminates.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost