AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating New Plot Style

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
zienyc
5250 Views, 8 Replies

Creating New Plot Style

I want to create my own PLOT STYLE with LINEWEIGHTS that I know print well and I can't find it.

Does anyone know where it is???

I'm using 2011 for Mac and I forgot to bring my plot style before I tossed my PC and now I'm lost.

I hate this version, I hate Mac version...so far it's been really, really bad!!! Full of bugs, crashes all the time, jumpy, just terrible...

Anyway, I hope someone can help me

Claudio

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Murph_Map
in reply to: zienyc

Try this trick http://macacad.com/2010/11/03/ctb-stb-creating-and-editing-on-mac/ 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 9
zienyc

Thank you, I'll try that

Message 4 of 9
khedeks

Here is the help topic for this as well:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACDMAC/2011/ENU/filesACGMAC/WS73099cc142f48755258d2dc211bc18227ae-75c9.htm

If you end up finding your plot styles, you can place them in the corresponding location, you will be able to access them through the Plot > Advanced dialog.

Shekhar Khedekar

AutoCAD Mac Product Design

Message 5 of 9
hugotron
in reply to: khedeks

But, I can't create my own new plot styles? It is not posible?

Message 6 of 9
maxim_k
in reply to: hugotron

See message #2 in this topic:

http://macacad.com/2010/11/03/ctb-stb-creating-and-editing-on-mac/

HTH

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I have autocad 2011 for Mac.  I have an imported .ctb plot style file that is in the correct location.  I still am unable to print the drawings with multiple line weights.  When I print all lineweight is the same.  This is a really big disappointment.  I'm reading that I'm unable to edit these plot style in autocad 2011 for mac.  Is this true?  Help?  

Message 8 of 9
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

1. The link about "workarounding" CTB editing in AC 2011 for Mac in my previous post doesn't work, use this:

http://macacad.wordpress.com/2010/11/03/ctb-stb-creating-and-editing-on-mac/

2. Also check that you assigned your custom plot style to drawing layout (you can check this in Properties Inspector or in Page setup - Advanced dialog)

Screen shot 2011-11-05 at 23.00.36.png

3. When you print, make sure not to check "Scale lineweights" in Print dialog:

Screen shot 2011-11-05 at 23.03.19.png

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Hi Maxim,

Maybe you could help me.  I have doubled checked number 2 and 3 from your previous post. (1 being check the plot style in the properties inspector, 2 make sure not to check "scale lineweights".  I downloaded Draftsight and opened the CTB file that I have been using in Autocad 2011 for mac, edited it and yet still I have had no success printing drawings with lineweight.  (I've made sure to take the edited copy using draftsight over to the autocad plot style folder)  I am still having issues plotting with correct lineweight.  I'm at an impasse here where I'm unsure if this program will ever let me print drawings correctly using a ctb file.  Even pdfs come out with no differentiation in lineweight.   Should I give up?  Do you think I've exhausted all of my avenues?

Any help is greatly appreciated!  

Thank you, Janey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost