AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command issues

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jl4x
268 Views, 6 Replies

Command issues

I've just downloaded AutoCAD 2013 for Mac, student version.  One of the first things we are being asked to do is bring up our quick access toolbar.  I've not been able to do this as of yet.  The problem I am having is when I go to enter the command "startup" then new command "1" nothing happens.   This is supposed to open AutoCADs "startup wizard".  Again, nothing happens.  I should be seeing a new icon in the upper left portion of my screen.  This should open a box so I can open AutoCAD Classic Workspace.  This never happens.  I do not get a new icon or the option for the startup wizard or autocads classic workspace.  I need help please.  As of today I am two weeks behind in this course.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: jl4x

Hi,

Every features you described (QAT, startup wizard, classic workspace, A button at the top left) are not available in AutoCAD for Mac. You have to use Windows version in order to complete the course.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 7
jl4x
in reply to: maxim_k

Sir, Heres the problem I have w/ your response. My instructor has informed me that he has had students just last semester that had no problems w/ AutoCAD. I am not trying to say that you are wrong, but it makes no sense. Why would AutoCAD make a version for Mac if half of the functions aren't available. Are you an employee w/ Autodesk or their tech support? Again, I am not trying to say you are wrong.....but I would like to get a second opinion. Thank you for taking the time to respond to me and address this matter. Respectfully, John W. Lewis
Message 4 of 7
maxim_k

Yes, I'm not an Autrodesk employee and not a member of tech support. With my response I just wanted to say, that the course you are learning applies to Windows version of AutoCAD and you can not complete it in full if you are using Mac version of software.
OK, let's wait for the second opinion. I have no objection.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 7
jl4x
in reply to: maxim_k

First off I want to thank you for getting back w/ me as quickly as you did. I have spoken w/ my professor and he "thinks" I can complete this course if I were to make modifications to existing templates. His statement does not sound as if he is 100% for sure that I can in fact complete the course w/ my current equipment and current software version. I feel if I were to continue onward knowing what I know now, I think this will be considerably more difficult if I can truly complete the course at all by doing these "modifications". I am entertaining the idea of purchasing a PC to complete this course however I have concerns about a second download. If I buy a PC to do this course w/out having to modify anything, wil I be allowed to do a second download to that PC? I already have a full version on my iMac but as you said, I can not access multiple areas so it is useless.
Message 6 of 7
philip.s

Hi John!

The Education Community Terms of Use prohibit the installation of more than one copy of any release version of any product obtained on this site on more than one system at a time.  For example, a faculty member has a desktop computer at home and a laptop computer she uses at work. That faculty member could not install a copy of AutoCAD 2013 on both the desktop and laptop systems simultaneously. She could, however, install AutoCAD 2012 on the desktop system and AutoCAD 2013 on the laptop system simultaneously.

With that being said, AutoCAD and AutoCAD for Mac are 2 different products, therefore as an registered / eligible member of the Education Community, you're entitled to a license of each.

Message 7 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: philip.s

As a follow up, I also wanted to point out that you can run the Windows version of AutoCAD on your Mac, either via a virtualized environment (Parallels / VMware Fusion) or Windows partition (Boot Camp). Check out our Mac Compatibility page for more info.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost