AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Changing hotkeys for ortho and osnap [AutoCAD for Mac]

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
sergio.ki
8980 Views, 22 Replies

Changing hotkeys for ortho and osnap [AutoCAD for Mac]

Hello,

I didn't manage to find a solution for my problem in the other threads.

I basically want to change the hotkeys for the ortho and the osnap to something different from a function key.

I know that by default they can be toggled by pressing fn+F8 and fn+F3; I also know I can turn on "Use F1, F2 ... as Function keys" in Keyboard pane of System Preferences. However I want to set two "letters" (such as q and w) as shortcuts for these two functions because I want to press only 1 key both while using autocad and while using the volume/brightness commands of my macbook.

Thank you.

@sergio.ki 

The topic title has been edited to improve findability by @alina.balkanskaia. Original: Changing hotkeys for ortho and osnap

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23

Hi @SetThreeArchitects,

It is impossible to use Shift+"letter" combinations for shortcuts in AutoCAD, you can use them only as Temporary Override Keys while you are inside some command: to activate Temporary Override you have to hold key combination for a few moments until it will take an effect.
Furthermore, there is no official simple way to customize shortcuts in AutoCAD for Mac. That is why you need to drill into CUI files manually on Mac.

As an alternative to your request I can help you with assigning:
OSNAP toggle - Crtl+A
ORTHO toggle - Ctrl+S
I can edit CUI file for you and send it to you. And you, in turn, can replace this file inside AutoCAD application folder.
What AutoCAD version do you use?

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 22 of 23
wei503
in reply to: sergio.ki

Just to add that shortcut key customization is available in AutoCAD Mac 2022 version.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACDMAC/2022/ENU/?guid=GUID-A62BFCCC-9E89-404E-BF28-A12668D738D2

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Message 23 of 23

@wei503 Thank you for this update, it could be useful for other Forum users!

Alina Balkanskaia
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost