AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open AutoCad 2013 for Mac

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
daccordo
9258 Views, 27 Replies

Can't open AutoCad 2013 for Mac

Hello,

Cannot open the program. It happened after I was backing up files on an external hard drive. I got message that Autocrat could not continue, asked if I wanted to save the files for recovery ( I opted not too ), and will not open. I get the error report that "a software problem has caused AutoCad to close unexpectedly." It was working fine up until this point.

I sent the report. I have Mac OS X 10.7.3 

I read that there is a conflict with some Adobe software which I have but cannot find the way to get rid of the FLEXnet folder. 

Any one out there with a solution?

Thanks in advance.

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
MHDSKY
in reply to: maxim_k

This worked for me as described! Thanks.
Message 22 of 28
in reply to: jpd30

Hi, I just brought a iMac downloaded AutoCad 2013 on it its all installed and everything but for some reason I am unable to open it?! I never used a mac before so have literally no idea on what to do if anyone could help that would be im in my final year of my degree so really need it! also on a totally unrealated note, does apple not have a right click like windows?

Thanks 

FLISS

Message 23 of 28
maxim_k
in reply to: 98330181

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

Which OS do you have on mew iMac?
If it is Yosemite (OS X 10.10), than AutoCAD 2013 is not compatible with it. Plus maybe you have problems with your AutoCAD license - if you migrated your account from your old Mac, than you need to reset license, look here:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/discussion/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac-General-Discussion/Ca...

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 24 of 28
boldinteriorsmackay
in reply to: jpd30

Hi,

I'm having trouble opening autocad LT 2013 on a mac. I've been using this program for at least 2 years and all of a sudden it has stopped working. It comes up with the loading screen and then it just crashes without any warning or error message. 

I've just started using time machine back-ups and I'm using AutoCAD more regularly as I have increased my workload. I didn't think I had an anti-virus so I just uploaded ClamXav - which was a free app. It says that there are no viruses on my Mac. 

I noticed you had a similar problem last year. Can you please help?

Cheers,

Lauren

Message 25 of 28

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi Lauren,

Which OS do you have on your Mac?
Which AutoCAD LT 2013 version you have - is it from Mac App Store or from Autodesk (or reseller)?
Have you tried to reset AutoCAD LT preferences? (how to reset depends on which version you have - see above question)

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 26 of 28

Hi Maxim

I have re-installed it and now it works. I think it's because I installed an update recently.

Cheers,

Lauren
Message 27 of 28

FWIW- Just installed SP3 on 2013LT, rebooted and ACAD won't load. 

I'm going to re-install from backups and ignore this SP until it gets straightened out- but letting ppl know that SP3 might some unresolved issues.

MacBookPro10,1-

OSX Mavericks

Mac ACAD LT 2013 SP3

Message 28 of 28
lynn1224
in reply to: maxim_k

Hello, Can someone please assist me. I just installed Autocad 2014 on my mac and it will not open. Yes, I have Adobe reader and PP. I looked in my console for information regarding the start up, this is what I have found.

Oct 21 11:54:22 --- last message repeated 1 time ---

Oct 21 11:54:22 amyclaronisimac.home SubmitDiagInfo[331]: Couldn't load config file from on-disk location. Falling back to default location. Reason: Won't serialize in _readDictionaryFromJSONData due to nil object

Oct 21 11:54:24 amyclaronisimac.home system_profiler[6191]: platformPluginDictionary: Can't get X86PlatformPlugin, return value 0

Oct 21 11:54:37 --- last message repeated 1 time ---

Oct 21 11:54:37 amyclaronisimac.home AutoCAD[6195]: WARNING: The Gestalt selector gestaltSystemVersion is returning 10.9.5 instead of 10.10.5. Use NSProcessInfo's operatingSystemVersion property to get correct system version number.

Call location:

Please help me. Thank you.

Amy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost