AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get serial key for student download

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
thilsee
694 Views, 13 Replies

Can't get serial key for student download

When I download the student AutoCad 2013 for Mac it tells me I can't be given a serial key but that I can download it as a trial.  Anyone else have this problem and what did you do to get an educational serial key?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
maxim_k
in reply to: thilsee

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

I think all instructions you can find here:
students.autodesk.com/
Have you tried to login to Autodesk Education Community to get your serial?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 14
thilsee
in reply to: maxim_k

yes that is where i downloaded the educational version and got the message that said i'm not able to be given a serial key "at this time".  but it didnt offer any reason as to why

Message 4 of 14
joane.bonghanoy

Hi Tom,

We have had this issue previously but it has been resolved. I will look further into your account and once resolved, I will get back to you right away. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 5 of 14
thilsee
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Thanks alot, exactly the response I was hoping for

Message 6 of 14
joane.bonghanoy

Tom,

This issue with your account is still being looked into, while doing so I suggest that you create a new account using a new email address. By doing this, at least you can still continue using the benefits of the Education Community site.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 7 of 14
thilsee

thanks, let me know!

Message 8 of 14
thilsee

Joane,

Have you made any progress with looking into my account?  Thanks, let me know

Message 9 of 14
philip.s

Hello Tom!

Were you able to try and create a new account with a different email address as previously mentioned?

Message 10 of 14
thilsee
in reply to: philip.s

Yes, I created this account with the email xxxxxxxxxxx.

Message 11 of 14
joane.bonghanoy

Hi Tom,

I edited your reply and removed your email address. For your Security, moving forward please do not post any personal or License information in these forums. 

I logged in to your account using the email address you provided and I was able to download and generate a Serial Number. When you log in, you should be seeing Serial Numbers for AutoCAD 2014 and AutoCAD for MAC 2013. 

On your end, you just need to download it to your PC and activate it. 

Do let me know if you still have any errors. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 12 of 14
thilsee

Great thanks, working now!

Message 13 of 14
dprestri

I am having the same issue. It keeps giving me the prompt "We're sorry we cannot provide you with a serial number at this time.<br> Please proceed to download and install your software, and use it in &quot;trial mode&quot; for up to 30 days.<br> Return to this site before then to obtain your serial number from the free software link." Please help me out with this issue. I kept trying ack and I still can't get it. Thank you.

BTW I am using safari on a Mac running mountail lion trying to fix autocad 2013. Thank you again.

Message 14 of 14
philip.s
in reply to: dprestri

Welcome to the community Daniel!

As this is most likely caused by a backend data issue with your profile, can you please create a new Education Community profile with a different email address and let us know if that resolves the issue?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost