AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can AutoCAD for Mac perform this loft?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Myno
582 Views, 4 Replies

Can AutoCAD for Mac perform this loft?

Newbie question: I am about to make the leap from APTSRN (Another Program That Shall Remain Nameless) to AutoCAD for Mac.  APTSRN cannot perform the following task.  Create a circle.  Duplicate it in place (so that they appear as one).  Select any point on the two identical circles, and define a line (in their common plane) that is tangent to the two circles at that point.  [Optionally alter the aspect ratio of one of the circles, transforming it into an ellipse, while maintaining contact with the tangent line at that shared point.]  Rotate one of the two circles about that tangent line, say 90 degrees (out of the original plane).  Use some sort of extrusion or lofting tool to create a surface (or solid) that contains the two circles (the result is expected to be a tube that turns an exceptionally tight corner).  APTSRN has long failed to complete this task when the two circles share a common point, presumably because it results in some divide by zero condition in their software.  Can AutoCAD for Mac succeed in this task where APTSRN fails?

An a priori thanks for your attention to this matter.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: Myno

Yes, it can:

Screen Shot 2012-08-17 at 20.52.59.png

But maybe it is not, that you expect....

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
Myno
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you.  Excellent news. 

It appears that AutoCAD provides lots of control for the loft.  My issue is now solved... but if you could tell me what controls were used to get the 4 different lofts shown, it would help my understanding as I learn.

Message 4 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: Myno

Hi,

There are a lot of settings for loft object in AutoCAD, to learn more about them look here:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACDMAC/2012/ENU/filesACRMac/GUID-0A041818-2E32-4212-A3D8-CE0361C3D22-392.ht...

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACDMAC/2012/ENU/filesACRMac/GUID-92875EB0-38F4-47CA-A6BD-2F48BCB255F-393.ht...

Screen Shot 2012-08-17 at 20.52.59.png

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 5
Myno
in reply to: maxim_k

Perfect.  Now I understand.  Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost