AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad for Mac: unstable and crashes all the time!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1328 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad for Mac: unstable and crashes all the time!!!

I have had several problems with AutoCad for Mac.

I've bought and installed in both my Mac Book Pro and my i Mac, and in both computers is unstable, crashes all the time. I can't work on it.

For example, yesterday I've tried to work in my iMac and I couldn't. It crashed at least 5 times in 10 minutes. Since I updated AutoCad it turned even more unstable.

Today I worked in my Mac Book Pro, and the problem was the same: In 10 minutes, it chrashed about 10 times, and all of them with no action related, I mean, I did nothing extraordinary... I was using the line command, or zoom command... 

Those were just a few examples, because this problem has been happening since I installed the program about 3 months ago.

I checked the system requirements and both computers are capable to work with AutoCad for Mac.

My MacBook Pro is a 5,4, has a 2.53 Intel Core 2 Duo Precessor, 4gb memory. I don't remember my iMac specs, but it has enough cap.

I've changed the system language (since I read that maybe this should work to fix the problem...)

The point is AutoCad is up to date, my Macs are almost new (macbook pro is 1 year, imac is 2 months old)

I'll appreciate if you can help me how can I fix this big problem. 

Andrew

System Profile:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,4

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2,53 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1,07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP53.00AC.B03

SMC Version (system): 1.49f2

Serial Number (system): W8939J4Q7XJ

Hardware UUID: 4C43074F-E6D4-5F89-93D7-7D2C89560BA0

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State: Enabled

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I've been having the exact same problem! My macbook pro is 2 months old and it crashes every minute or two. I would really appreciate if Autodesk could find a solution... 

Sorry I can't help fix your problem, but at least know you are not alone!

Message 3 of 3
Madeck
in reply to: Anonymous

Same here (MacBookPro).

Makes it completely unusable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost