AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad for Mac 2012 -----------HELP!!!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
l_arjona823
1393 Views, 11 Replies

Autocad for Mac 2012 -----------HELP!!!

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time I would be posting here.

I recently bought an Imac i5, 2.7 ghz with 10.7.2 lion.  My first experience was with Autocad Mac version 2012, and it was really bad, because I was using it in 2d for about five days and then suddenly crashes, and wont open again.

Then I install the Autocad for mac 2011, and be able to use it but when I was trying to plot in pdf format it crashes again and wont open. I found here in autodesk support that they have the 3 updates for this version that it would be helping with some issues... so I decide to install the three of them........

I didnt got any positive results, the autocad didnt stays more than 3 minutes open...

First question??????

1. What do you recomend for those people like me that have lion and want to have Autocad 2011, does lion really REALLY supports Autocad 2011???????????

2.  O do I have to install Autocad 2012 for mac???????? Does Autocad 2012 supports Lion??????????

PLEASE!!  I will really apreciate that someone who has lion, tell me which version of Autocad of Mac is working right now!!!

This is really frustating!!

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
maxim_k
in reply to: l_arjona823

Hi,

1. AutoCAD for Mac 2011 supports Lion with all 3 Updates installed

2. AutoCAD for Mac 2012 supports Lion out-of-the-box. Have you tried this:

AutoCAD will not launch following a crash on Mac OS X (Lion)

solution for AutoCAD 2012?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 12
l_arjona823

Thank u very much Maxim, for your answer, but in the case of Autocad version 2011. I already installed the three updates recomended from autodesk and still crashes. The program wont last more than 4 minutes.

Is there an spevial way to install the updates? Is not just install one after another????

Maybe I have to install the version 2012.

Maxim do u have any experience with one of the two versions in Lion? Or anyone?

Thanks!
Message 4 of 12
maxim_k

You have to install Updates for AC 2011 one by one in ascending order.

BUT if you have a possibility - my advice is to setup AC 2012 - it is more stable and has more functions. After installing - if AutoCAD won't start - try solution from my prev post and don't forget to install Service Pack 1 for 2012 version.

I have an experience with AC 2012 on Lion on MacBookAir3,1 (11", 4Gb, late 2010). Can not say that files was fairly complex, but I have no difficulties with application.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 12
l_arjona823
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks Maxim.

I´m going to try it, and then let you know.

Just other more questions, which version of Lion do you have, working with AC 2012? I have 10.7.2 right now.

Do you draw in 2 and 3d?

And did you try to plot a drawing on a printer?, or did you try to plot in dwf or pdf format with this 2012 version??

Any problems setting the ctb plot styles?

thanks!!! 😃

Message 6 of 12
maxim_k

I have 10.7.3
I draw 2D and 3D drawings.
I always save PDF file from AutoCAD and then print them from Preview.app. Have to say, that it is impossible to save DWF from AutoCAD for Mac.
I don't have any problems with CTB plot styles

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 12
Duzzyna

I've got the same problem.. In December i bought a Mac Book Pro 15' with Lion. I've tried to install Autocad 2012 on my Mac... after the installation I opened Autocad and it doesent start (5 seconds with the little window of Autocad which says "Loading"... Then it stops without starting the program!

I've tried to download the Service Pack 1 and installing it before starting aUtocad but it doesen't work!

What is the problem?? All the people with Snow Leopard are able to launch Autocad 2012 normally!!!!

Thank you

Tags (2)
Message 8 of 12
maxim_k
in reply to: Duzzyna

Hi,

1. Have you managed to start AutoCAD at least one time on your Mac?

2. Do you have any Adobe software installed on your Mac?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 9 of 12
Duzzyna
in reply to: maxim_k

no, it's the firt time i use autocad for mac! and i've tried to unistall and reinstall but it never starts... ANyway i have Adobe CS5 on my Mac... It could be a problem??

Message 10 of 12
maxim_k
in reply to: Duzzyna

Look here: AutoCAD for MAC and Adobe software

May be it help you.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 11 of 12
mark.t.kimmel

Downloaded AUTOCAD for MAC 2013 free student version. Installed, tried to enter provided serial key and it said invalid code. read about the workaround and installed again, selecting the 30 day trial option in standalone mode. When i tried to open auto cad, the opening screen is displayed, then closes. Never even see the program. I have installed, deleted, and reinstalled auto cad for mac 2013 several times, as well as for 2012 and 2011. When i delete, i uninstall using the provided uninstaller, as well as manually deleting the residual files in the Library-->autodesk,  Llbrary-->application support--> autodesk, and Applications--> autodesk. None of the provided "support" resources on Autodesk's site appear to provide any hint of a solution to my problem and, conveniently enough, i can't find a single number for an actuall customer service person. If anyone has ANY HINTS at how i might be able to solve this problem and OPEN THE PROGRAM, i would greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

Message 12 of 12
maxim_k
in reply to: mark.t.kimmel

Hi Mark,

Have you tried the solution from previous post?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/Autocad-for-Mac-2012-HELP/m-p/3384635#M4030

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost