AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Mac won't launch

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
hallen508
3715 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad Mac won't launch

autocad for mac isnt opening, ive uninstalled and reinstalled different years and none of them open, the icon jumps up and down then the loading autocad screen comes up, then after 30 seconds it dissappears.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kjflanigan
in reply to: hallen508

I am having the same (or similar) problems opening AutoCAD 2012 for Mac - it appears to install correctly, but does not open when launched.  The icon on the dock blinks, the splash screen appears, and then it all goes away.

I checked the language, the hard drive format, etc.

Not sure what to do next?

Message 3 of 5
finn379
in reply to: kjflanigan

I do realise this doesn't help but i have been having the same issue and ben using many forums to no avail as of yet.... same issues and no error screen

Message 4 of 5
kjflanigan
in reply to: hallen508

I finally ending up getting Autocad to run.  

Before reinstalling I dragged all the autocad related files into the trash - the Autodesk folder in Library/Application Support; the Autodesk folder in Library; the Autodesk folder in Applications.  

Also, I removed the autodesk related files from the Flexnet Publisher folders - the adskflex... files found in Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet.  There is also a FLEXnet Publisher folder in Library/Application Support - I threw it away just to be sure it worked.  In my case, I did not have any other programs installed that use the FLEXnet Publisher so I wasn't worried about affecting any other software.

I reinstalled the program, and it worked!

Another employee in my office had to reinstall Autocad after getting hung up while working and force quitting.  Just reinstalling the Autocad wouldn't work. In his case, we had to remove all the above files and the Autocad 2012 folder from the Library/Saved Application State folder - and then reinstall.

Message 5 of 5
coastzheng
in reply to: kjflanigan

It worked, thanks a lot!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost