AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Lt 2013 app store download- no menu bar

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
rdafoe
7951 Views, 27 Replies

Autocad Lt 2013 app store download- no menu bar

Hi,

I bought the mac app store version of autocad 2013 LT. I have not been able to get the menu bar to appear. I have tried the couple of suggestions for this problem I found online (repair permissions and using terminal program) and was not able to resolve the problem. Any ideas?

system is:

OS 10.9.1 mavericks

2.8Ghz Intel i7

16 GB RAM

see screen grab below- all i get in the top menu bar is the apple and autocad lt 2013, no 'File' etc etc

Thanks

autocad 2013 lt screen grab.jpg

27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
maxim_k
in reply to: rdafoe

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!
Hi,

Could you check whether MenuGroup.cui, PopMenuRoot.cui, Workflow.cui files are in place inside "~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD LT 2013/R19.0/enu/Support" folder?
The Library folder I mentioned is inside your Home folder and hidden by default.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 28
rdafoe
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi,
Thanks for the quick response

in response to your reply:

Could you check whether MenuGroup.cui, PopMenuRoot.cui, Workflow.cui files are in place inside "~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD LT 2013/R19.0/enu/Support" folder?
The Library folder I mentioned is inside your Home folder and hidden by default.

I checked that folder and none of the MenuGroup.cui, PopMenuRoot.cui, or Workflow.cui files are there.

Thanks
Message 4 of 28
maxim_k

It appears that you have permission problems in your account: AutoCAD can not write necessary files to your Library folder.
Could you try to create new admin account on your Mac, log in with this account and launch AutoCAD? Does the issue go away?
And another question: do you have the folders structure I mentioned in my previous post in your existing account?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 28
rdafoe

Thanks again but that did not resolve the launch problem..

I created a new admin account and logged in. Autocad still launched without the top main menu.

I have confirmed that I do have the file structure you previously asked me to navigate to, its just the 3 ?cui? files you mentioned are not present there.

Thanks
Message 6 of 28
maxim_k

Not sure that this could help, but you can try:

Quit AutoCAD (use AutoCAD LT -> Quit AutoCAD LT menu, or Cmd+Q)

Go to Applications folder on your Mac, find AutoCAD LT application, right-click on it and select "Show package contents", then use search field in Finder to find all CUI files inside AutoCAD LT app (type cui in search field).

This will give you something like:

Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 23.36.43.png

Select PopMenuRoot.cui, Workflow.cui, Workspace.cui, MenuGroup.cui files and copy them to clipboard, then go to "~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD LT 2013/R19.0/enu/Support" folder and paste this files here.

Start AutoCAD.

Can you see application menu now?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 28
rdafoe

Thanks, copying those files (PopMenuRoot.cui, Workflow.cui, Workspace.cui, MenuGroup.cui) over worked, the main menu bar is now showing up.

Thanks again for the help.
Message 8 of 28
ejames043

NEED HELP ASAP! So my Mac Laptop ran out of juice on a flight while AUTOCAD was on. I saved my file, but now have no toolbars or menu bar when I open the program. I tried to locate the CUI files, but can't see any in the "Show Package Contents" file. Suggestions Please!

Message 9 of 28
maxim_k

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,
Have you tried to search CUI files inside AutoCAD LT application as I suggested in my previous post?
If you are able to start AutoCAD you can also try to reset application options on Application tab of AutoCAD LT Preferences dialog (you can open this dialog by calling OPTIONS command from Command prompt.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 10 of 28
ejames043

I found the cui files in the Library folder where you mentioned. There are no CUI files in the Autocad "Show Package Content" at all. I copied and pasted from the Library folder into the "Show Package Content", but it did not solve the problem.  I did, however, log out, create a new log in and was able to use AutoCAD from the new log in. This is good, but still a huge inconvenience. How do I fix the issue from my normal log in?

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 28
ejames043
in reply to: ejames043

I just tried to reset the applications and now I can't open CAD at all from either log in.

Message 12 of 28
maxim_k

Have you tried to reset AutoCAD settings from your old account (login)?

Maxim

--
Thanks,
Maxim

Sent from my iPhone

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 13 of 28
ejames043

That's what I did and now I can't open AC at all. Saying that this version of AutoCAD may not work with my version of MAC OSX.

Message 14 of 28
maxim_k

>>>now I can't open AC at all
Do you mean that this applies to AC installation on your old account?
If you have AutoCAD LT 2013 from Mac AppStore - have you updated it to the latest version available in Mac AppStore (2013.2)?
Have you tried to reinstall AutoCAD?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 15 of 28
ejames043

I am currently in the process of moving and have packed my AutoCAD installation disk. Is there any way for Auto Desk to send me a downloadable version if they see my receipt from purchase?

Thanks.

Eleanor

Message 16 of 28
maxim_k

Hi Eleanor,

Do you have Apo Store version of AutoCAD LT 2013 fir Mac? If so, then you can install it only from Mac AppStore.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 17 of 28
omar.naert

hi,

my autocat do not work anymore. At start-up it generates an errorI have more of a year the Autocad 2013 student version for mac. it works perfect, but yesterday when I wanted to start up it gave a Error.

I re install autocat, he start up but you can do nothing.
I instal autocad 2014 student version for mac en he give me also an error.

At the error give he me a online help: Cer_..... and I instal autocad2014sp1.dmg
now I starts up but he give me no tabs an menu:

autocat no

the error:
the error

the next:
next error

help online:
help online

Message 18 of 28
omar.naert
in reply to: omar.naert

i do alsow
Schermafbeelding 2014-05-26 om 12.06.41.png

Message 19 of 28
maxim_k
in reply to: omar.naert

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

Seems you have permissions problems in your ~/Library folder (I mean Library folder inside your Home folder, not in the root of your Mac HD as you show in screenshot in next post)

Have you tried this:

http://macacad.wordpress.com/2014/03/16/new-way-to-reset-autocad-for-mac-settings-2014-version-with-...

If this wouldn't help, then you can try to copy necessary files - PopMenuRoot.cui, Workflow.cui, MenuGroup.cui, Workspace.cui - manually from /Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2014/AutoCAD 2014.app/Contents/Resources folder to /Users/"YOUR_USER_NAME"/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD 2014/R19.1/enu/Support folder.

/Users/"YOUR_USER_NAME"/Library folder is hidden by default,so to get there you need to hold Alt (Option) key when you click on Go menu in Finder in order to see Library folder in this menu.

In order to get inside AutoCAD 2014.app - right-click on it and select "Show package contents"

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 20 of 28
omar.naert

thank you thank you thank you!!

it works!
it was really stress, i have next week a jury at the university..

Schermafbeelding 2014-05-26 om 15.41.17.png

omar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost