AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2013 SP2 upgrade - autocad wont even open

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jperry1147
583 Views, 6 Replies

Autocad 2013 SP2 upgrade - autocad wont even open

Hi - since updating to SP2 whenever I try to open autocad, I get the splash screen then it just crashes and I get the report a problem window. Does anyone know if there is a way to roll back service pack 2 so I can at least use autcad again. I don't have installation disk so re-install isn't an option. I filled out the report a problem window but have hear dnothing back. I am on OS 10.9 

Thank you!

James

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: jperry1147

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,
Without installation DMG image you can not roll back AutoCAD to previous state, but if you have Time Machine enabled you can try to roll back the whole System state to the state without SP2 installed.
You also have to keep in mind that without SP2 installed you will get a lot of glitches in AutoCAD 2013 under 10.9 (Dim Style dialog problems, problems with editing Attributes in blocks...)

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 7
maxim_k

Which AutoCAD license do you have? Is it an Educational or commercial?
If it is commercial, than you have to ask your seller about installation image, if it is Educational, than you have to ask about it at EDU Autodesk site.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 4 of 7
maxim_k

OK,

here is a link (still works for now) for downloading AC 2013 installation image (without SP2):

HTH

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 7
jperry1147
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi Maxim

Thanks so much for your replies. I'm not entirely sure what sort of autocad it is as it came with the second hand laptop I have (I am starting to worry it isn't the above board purchase the seller insisted it was). I will try the dmg and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks again!

James

Message 6 of 7
barryjohns

I am having the same issues.  I have both SP1 and SP2 installed.  I cannot get AutoCad LT 2013 to even startup.   This was the case before and after installing both SP Updates.  Nothing gained after installing.  I am on OSX 10.9.  I have uninstalled the app and then reinstalled, then installed both SP1 and 2 again.  Still the same issue.

I keep getting the same error; screen shot attached.

Message 7 of 7
jperry1147
in reply to: barryjohns

Let me know ifyou hear back from the error report - I haven't heard anything yet...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost