AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2012 Print Preview

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mark
865 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad 2012 Print Preview

I just made the mistake I think about buying a mac laptop and have Autocad 2012. after using the windows version it amazes me the limitations the mac version has. Just one thing which confuses me the most is... Where is the Print Preview??? Do you have to preview through pdf each time? Theres no small preview window when doing the page setup? Its useless.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Seychellian
in reply to: mark

It's F'ing useless. I freuently check the look of my drawings with quickfire printpreviews (pp shortcut) which up until now has been quick and painless. Now however its nearly impossible to work like that and I find i make a lot of mistakes without being able to quickly correct them.

Annoying. AutoCAD for make is unusable frankly.

Message 3 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: Seychellian

Dear psearles,

Please do not throw these words about AutoCAD for Mac.

With some ingenuity, everyone can find a way out.

In attachment there is an AutoLISP routine you can use for plot preview, the only thing you have to do - create Page Setup for Layout (or Model) before using this routine. Then load PlotPreview.lsp and use "PP" command to preview your prints.

The routine creates PDF file with random name in System temporary folder (/private/tmp/) and opens it in Preview.app. You don't need to cleanup these files - during next reboot of your Mac all files will be deleted automatically.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost