AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2014 Mac ToolBox

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tmcgartland
549 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCad 2014 Mac ToolBox

Having just moved over to the Mac after a lifetime with the PC I was very surprised to see how different autoCad 2014 is on the mac. I've been using AutoCad for many years and this is the first time I've been unable to lock my ToolBox and work space in position. Is there a way of doing this that I just haven't found yet or is it a flaw?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: tmcgartland

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

Do you mean that Tool Sets palette does not preserve its position between different AutoCAD sessions?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
tmcgartland
in reply to: maxim_k

It's the first time I have noticed that the tool palette can move and the physical size of the drawing space can move. I'm new to the mac (just a month) and this morning I was able to auto hide the dock to maximise my drawing screen but in autocad it looks like it's just sitting on my desktop!

Sent from my iPhone
Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: tmcgartland

AutoCAD for Mac behaves as classical Mac application and all pallets in un-docked position "floats" above drawing area. You can dock Tool Sets palette (as other pallets) to left or right edge of the screen by dragging it to that edge until blue line appears along the edge of the screen.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost