AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2012 won't uninstall

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
noa.p
1710 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCad 2012 won't uninstall

Hello,

My AutoCAD has had a problem with reading sxh fonts and with Hebrew (a problem that just appeared one day and I couldn't solve), so I've decided to uninstall it and reinstall it again (I'm using an education version for students). 

I went to Applications --> Autodesk --> AutoCAD 2012 --> Remove, but it seems to be stuck for over an hour in this stage and won't continue (screenshot attached). What should I do? How can I uninstall the program in order to reinstall it? (my OSX is 10.6).

Thanks,

Noa.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: noa.p

Hi Noa,

Just before trying to reinstall AutoCAD you can try to "Reset Application options..." from Application tab of AutoCAD preferences (look for button at the bottom right of the dialog window).

If this doesn't work - ensure that AutoCAD is closed, than try to restart your Mac (if you have not tried this) and start Remove AutoCAD.app again.

BTW: What kind of problem do you have with SHX fonts?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
noa.p
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you! Sadly, none of these worked and theprogram still wouldn't uninstall. 

Anything else I can do to uninstall it?

I'm using Hebrew on my AutoCad and I've installed several shx fonts (by copying them to the folder under Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Roaming/Autocad 2012/.../Support) and they worked perfectly well, until one day a few months ago, I've tried to upgrade to AutoCad 2013, and because I've had problems with it (I can't remember what exactly) I've removed it and moved back to 2012. Since then, the fonts are not recognized in my AutoCad, they are in the same folder but the AutoCad won't show them or read any Hebrew. I've tried removing them and reinstalling them, using ttf Hebrew fonts, nothing works. the ttf fonts are shown upside down and I can't fix it, and the Hebrew is not recognized in any file I open. 

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: noa.p

Hi,

In fact I think you put SHX fonts to wrong folder. Try to put them inside AutoCAD application itself. Go to Applications folder on your Mac, find AutoCAD application, right-click on it and select "Show package contents". Then using Search field in Finder (while you are inside AutoCAD application) search for SHX. This will bring a lot of SHX files along with SHX folder, double-click on it to open. Put your Hebrew SHX here. Start AutoCAD - you should be able to use those fonts.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 5
noa.p
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you, that worked!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost