AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2012 Mac Freezes when using Attedit - Looking for help..

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
KPVGroup
275 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCad 2012 Mac Freezes when using Attedit - Looking for help..

Hi Guys,

My history is with an old release 2000 version of AutoCad used on a Windows machine.  I know, it was old, but if it ain't broke, why fix it?  LOL  I was strictly doing 2D drawings and they are relatively basic.

I upgraded my main machine to a Mac Pro tower and bought AutoCad for Mac 2011, and then upgraded to 2012.

The transition has been a bit rough with such vast changes to the interface over the very elementary R2000 version.  I was very fast on the older program, but have slowed down considerably on the new machine.

As I have been trying to become proficient, I have found it to be very unstable.  Case in point, I have tried multiple times to edit an attribute (Attedit) and I get the spinning pinwheel and the program freezes.  This happens every time.

I am very frustrated and wanted to know if anyone can share any insight on this.  Is 2012 unusable?

The computer has all necessary assets (memory and speed) and I am running Mavericks.

I also have added Updates 1, 2 and 3.

Looking for some help...

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxim_k
in reply to: KPVGroup

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!
Hi,
AutoCAD 2012 is not compatible other Mavericks, it would not run correctly on this OS.
AC 2013 with SP2 applied or AC 2014 both are compatible with Mavericks, you need to upgrade your AutoCAD.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost