AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD stopped working after resetting preferences to default

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
drajo986
279 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD stopped working after resetting preferences to default

My CAD toolbars, etc were not appearing when I opened the program, so I reset my preferences to their default. The program closed, and now it won't open again. I was thinking that I would just reinstall the program, but I have no idea how to do that...I can't seem to find anything online for reinstalling on a Mac.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxim_k
in reply to: drajo986

Hi,

If you want to reinstall AutoCAD, at first you have to remove it with "Remove AutoCAD ....." application - you can find it in Applications -> Autodesk -> AutoCAD....

I put .... at the end of AutoCAD application name, because I don't know the version of AutoCAD you have.

After removing AutoCAD you can run installer you was using for the first installation. Do you have it?

BTW, which version of AC and which OS do you have on your Mac?

Keep in mind, that the last supported OS version for AC 2011 is 10.7.x, for AC 2012 - 10.8.x, for AC 2013 - 10.8.x (but you can use it on Mavericks with Beta release of Service Pack, for details look here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/AutoCAD-2013-for-Mac-SP2-Beta-is-available/td-p/455998...

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost