AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD problems with Layers, Hatch and _eattedit

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
gabriel86
7426 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD problems with Layers, Hatch and _eattedit

Hello, my first entry!

he following has occurred:

Sometimes the layer window freezes, e.g. i create a new layer and want to rename it, i cant do it. When i double click nothing happens, when i do a right klick and rename nothing happens, after a new start of AutoCad the problem is gone.

Anbody else have this problem, what can i  do to solve this?

Second; the Hatch function does not work properly, eg. i have different areas and and like to but a hatch in the areas, in some the hatch works in others don't (all happens in the same document/drawing), and the area where i want the hatch inside is completely closed.

third; and newest problem is in the layout function, when i have a titel block inserted and i want to change the attributes, the command "_eattedit" is not working, when i enter the command or choose it with mouse (right click on the block and "Edit attributes" AutoCad freezes, i can start working again after i press "ESC". 

This is my newest Problem, and very annoying, because when i like to print a project it has do have a name on it, but when i cant change it....

To my system: MacBook Pro 13", 2.3 Ghz, 8 Gb Ram, OS X Lion, AutoCAD for Mac (Students version), both Service Packs are installed.

If you need more Information, logfiles, etc, just tell me

Thank you for your answers

And sorry for my bad english, i hope it is understandable;-)

BR Gabriel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: gabriel86

Hi Gabriel,

@Gabriel.pfuner wrote:

Sometimes the layer window freezes, e.g. i create a new layer and want to rename it, i cant do it. When i double click nothing happens, when i do a right klick and rename nothing happens, after a new start of AutoCad the problem is gone.

Anbody else have this problem, what can i  do to solve this?

Never had such issue, but have seen reports about it somewhere on Forums. How many layers do you have in your drawing file?

@Gabriel.pfuner wrote:
Second; the Hatch function does not work properly, eg. i have different areas and and like to but a hatch in the areas, in some the hatch works in others don't (all happens in the same document/drawing), and the area where i want the hatch inside is completely closed.

Please check hatch scale.

@Gabriel.pfuner wrote:

third; and newest problem is in the layout function, when i have a titel block inserted and i want to change the attributes, the command "_eattedit" is not working, when i enter the command or choose it with mouse (right click on the block and "Edit attributes" AutoCad freezes, i can start working again after i press "ESC". 

This is my newest Problem, and very annoying, because when i like to print a project it has do have a name on it, but when i cant change it....

Try this: go to Application Preferences (menu AutoCAD 2013 -> Preferences), then on Application tab click on "Reset Application Options..." button (bottom right of dialog).
Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
gabriel86
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you for your answer!

<Never had such issue, but have seen reports about it somewhere on Forums. How many layers do you have in your drawing file?>

Not so much, about 10.

<Please check hatch scale.>

Hatch scale is correct, i know that because, i see the hatch in the same drawing in a different area, the problem is that in some areas i see the hatch and in others not

<Try this: go to Application Preferences (menu AutoCAD 2013 -> Preferences), then on Application tab click on "Reset Application Options..." button (bottom right of dialog).>

Tried this; no luck for me; but i think maybe it has something to do with the Titel Block (Template) because i got this from my University, and they use Windows, maybe there got something mixed up, on the way to my Mac.

But thank you anyway, i'll try to find a work around!

BR gabriel

Message 4 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: gabriel86

Hi Gabriel,

About hatch. Are these areas the same size? Do you have any warnings (at the command prompt) when you try to hatch and hatch failed? Do you use standard hatch patterns or custom? Could you provide screenshot with hatched and "unhatched" areas?

About editing attribute values. Obviously "Enhanced Attribute Editor" dialog appears somewhere "out of the screen", this could happens if it is something wrong in application preferences file. Try to uninstall AutoCAD (don't forget to check "Delete custom settings" or something like this in uninstall dialog), then try to install AutoCAD again and then install updates.

BTW, have you tried another command for editing attribute values: ATTEDIT ?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 5
gabriel86
in reply to: maxim_k

Sorry for my late answer!

The pronlem seem to be gone after i reinstall AutoCAD and SP 1&2, only the layer problem is still here, but i can deal with it!

Thank you very much for your help i realy appreciate it!!

BR Gabriel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost