AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD for Mac Excel and AutoPublish 2012

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
kmarshall
764 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD for Mac Excel and AutoPublish 2012

Hi, has anyone figured out a way to AutoPublish yet?  

Also, how do I link data in my fields to excel?  I was able to do this in the pc version.  I can see my links, but I can't change their reference.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: kmarshall

OLE linking is a Microsoft Windows feature.
Autopublish: as in AutoCAD prints your file to PDF or DWF on its own when you close a file? A little lisp is one choice.
Message 3 of 11
maxim_k

Hi,

Dean already answered about Excel.

But what do you mean by AutoPublish?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 11
kmarshall

I didn't think having a field in a table reference a named range in excel would be considered OLE.

As for autopublish, it used to be when I saved my ACAD file as a dwg, it would automatically print a PDF for me in the same folder...I also don't really understand how to make LISP files, was hoping someone may have already created that and I could download and install it.

Message 5 of 11
pendean
in reply to: maxim_k

Message 6 of 11
maxim_k
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

The attached AutoLISP routine let's you save your drawing like QSAVE command does plus it publishes to PDF your current Layout (or Model).

Prior to using routine you have to save your drawing file (give it the name) and create and assign Page Setup to Layout (or Model) in order to get the expected results in PDF.

Load routine and use SAVE&PUBLISH command. It will save current drawing, and create PDF file in a folder, where your drawing was saved.

The name of PDF will in a form: "DRAWING NAME-LAYOUT NAME.PDF".

The routine will override any existing PDF file with such name without prompting you.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 11
kmarshall

Thank you!  I managed to get it to work after figuring out how to install a PDF printer on my mac lion...it was not easy lol. (Well the solution was easy, just not finding the solution).

I'm adding it here in case anyone needs it:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfwriterformac/?source=dlp

The PDF function for mac is awesome, but in this case, you have to have it as a "printer" in order to get it to work.

Thanks so much for your help with the LISP 🙂 you made my day!!!!

Message 8 of 11
maxim_k

Just want to warn you about PDFwriter "virtual printer" - I tested it a while ago and it gives worst results in PDF quality I've seen. Have to say, that in order to be able to save PDF files from AutoCAD for Mac you can install ordinary printer, I'm using Gutenprint drivers

Look at the discussion here, about installation and using printer drivers with AC for Mac.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 9 of 11
kmarshall
in reply to: maxim_k

oh ok, perfect, I installed the "fake" printer and it seemed to take perfectly!  terrific thanks again 🙂

Now, if only Autocad could figure out how to make the mac talk to excel and import my data, I'd have no complaints.

Thank goodness for experts like yourself who take the time to explain.

Message 10 of 11
MILESarch

Maxim,

Is there a way to have the lisp program choose the page setup as well?  Most of my collegues are plotting to PDF using the ACAD13WIN DWG to PDF printer configuration.  I want to leave this as default.  I create a special MAC page setup for me.  The only way I can get your routine to work is to make my special page setup default.  I don't want to do that.

Thanks!

NEVERMIND, I FIGURED IT OUT!  REPLACED 2ND "" WITH THE NAME OF THE PAGE SETUP.  WORKED PERFECTLY.  HERE IS THE MODIFIED PLOT COMMAND IN THE LISP ROUTINE.

(command "_PLOT" "_N" "" "MAC" "" "_Y" publish_name "_N" "_Y")

Message 11 of 11
maxim_k
in reply to: MILESarch

Yes, you are right: if you are using the same page setup (named "MAC" as I see), it is the way. In my case routine uses current page setup.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost