AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD for Mac Crash at Launch

53 REPLIES 53
Message 1 of 54
carlojguzman
6439 Views, 53 Replies

AutoCAD for Mac Crash at Launch

As soon as I launch AutoCAD it displays a loading screen for about 2-4 seconds and then crashes. It lingers in Activity Monitor for another 10 seconds but then disappears. 

Uninstalled and Reinstalled removing all saved folders both in my User Library and in my Hard drive Library folder. Tried downloading the file with Google Chrome and Safari. Still the same issue.

My computer also meets the minimum requirements.

13" Apple Macbook Aluminum Unibody - 5,1 (Bought November 2008)
Mac OS X 10.6.4
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
500 GB Fujitsu Hardrive with 153 GB of Free Memory
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M w/256 MB
1280x800 Display
Logitech Performance MX Wireless Mouse w/OS X Drivers (also works on
Windows 7x64bit Bootcamp Partition w/AutoCAD 2011 x64)

Sent Autodesk an email and all I got was this:

Thank you for contacting Autodesk.

Please try downloading using a different browser and also make sure that any background sessions are closed.

We have not received any issues regarding the download of the Mac version for Autocad.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, or call us toll-free at 800-538-6401.

Best Regards,
Al Liwanag
Autodesk Partner Center Helpdesk

53 REPLIES 53
Message 41 of 54
Anonymous
in reply to: carlojguzman

I tried something, I don't know the reason, but it is fixed, just want to share this here.

go to Library/Application support/autodesk, and copy everything in this folder.

then go to library/preferences/Flexnet publisher, paste everything in here.

then close everything, try to open autodesk again.

hopefully it works to everyone, and sorry about my english, hah...

Message 42 of 54
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It works!!!! Thank you soo much! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Message 43 of 54
carlojguzman

did not work for me. Smiley Sad hopefully autodesk fixes the problem soon.

Message 44 of 54
Anonymous

sorry to hear that. did you go to the right library in disk not under the user name?

Message 45 of 54
carlojguzman

did both. I put the files under the hardrive/library... and user/library. neither worked. 

Message 46 of 54
igull

Success, why do I do this, I'd be better sticking sharpened bamboo slivers under my nails - I'm just a sucker for CAD apps 🙂

1 Removed all autodesk stuff in the applications folder and  removed /Library/Autodesk,  /Library/Application Support/Autodesk and  /Library/Application Support/FLEXnet Publisher.

2 Went to /Library/Application support/autodesk, and copied the ADLM folder,

then to /Library/Preferences/Flexnet publisher, pasted it in there.

Then re-installed Autocad from the download.

After about an hour installing (well it felt like an hour, but was probably a couple of mins 🙂 it fired up and asked a few questions !

Success - thanks dl20gc - I'm sure that's not what your name is - and your English is perfectly fine !

The question is, what prompted you to try that anyway ?

Neil

Message 47 of 54
Anonymous
in reply to: igull

I've been searching the solutions online for two days probably three, and I am not someone really good at computer things. I've tried many ways, like what I said, I don't really know why I tried that way, but I fixed mine...

Message 48 of 54
Anonymous

----------!!--------------

Oaky guys here is the ultimate solution. I've tried this on 5 different machines where it wouldnt run the first time, even two of them being "incompatible" according to the system requirements, and it runs perfectly on all !

Here is what to do :

#1 Uninstal/Remove Autocad. Delete every single file related to Autodesk

#2 Reinstall Autocad, but IMPORTANT : Choose Trail !, even if you have a licence.

#3 Disable Firewall before starting the software (not sure if this helped anything, but just to make sure)

#4 Start up Autocad. It wont crash, but a screen will appear asking you to either try or activate. Press activate.

#5 Enter your Serial/Product ID and rock on !

As i said, tried it on many different machines, from MPB3.1, early 08 MacBook, 13" MBP, latest iMac and Mac Mini and it works on all. For some reason it looks like autocad is having problems if oyu enter the serial/ID right at the installation. But if oyu activate it afterwards, it seems to work perfectly fine.

Hope it helped some of you.

Message 49 of 54
Anonymous

uninstalled

re downloaded again

installed again choosing TRIAL even though I have the serial

disabled firewall

started up and...

same thing.

it thinks for a couple of seconds and then gives up.

ill give up too!

Message 50 of 54
Anonymous

Hold your breath and count to 3 while pushing the shift key etc etc..

Those fix are absolutly no permanent solutions and are "kind of" solutions! Instead of trying to find funny workaround to make autocad working, i would expect that HUGE company to give us an answer like: We are working to find a REAL fix.

This is unbelievable. We are talking about a lot of potentials buyers here! I'm currently using Vectorwork and i never never had those kind of problem!

I just go my 27inche i7 with SSD drive. This is a powerful machine.

HEY AUTODESK TEAM! WAKE UP

Give us at least one answer!

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 51 of 54
carlojguzman

agreed.

Message 52 of 54
nickhwang

I had that problem. It didn't even let me authenticate. I restored my computer and all was norm again! Thanks
Message 53 of 54
Anonymous

Hey everyone.

I had the same problem with loading AutoCad on a brand new Imac. 

I solved the problem by rebooting and installing AutoCad again before anything else. Apparently an Adobe CS licens can cause some problems when installing AutoCad for mac.

Hope this will be helpfull Smiley Happy

Message 54 of 54
Anonymous

Hi there!

I am sorry to ask not for AutoCAD (although it always quites with noticed that it quited with problems).

Carlojguzman, you mentioned ArchiCAD to work very well on Mac, and I'd like to ask which version do you have and do you use Archiforma? Since I put the 13v. of ArchiCAD and Archiforma, from the very beginning it is giving me a library loading report with more than 19000 mistakes, there was not even one project done though. Because of this the program is loading very slow, so I still have to switch to the antique Windows 9 version =}

Thank you!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost