AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD for Mac 2012 Trial Download won't launch

47 REPLIES 47
SOLVED
Message 1 of 48
katie1994
5828 Views, 47 Replies

AutoCAD for Mac 2012 Trial Download won't launch

I have tried several times to download the trial version onto a brand new Mac Pro running OS X Snow Leopard. Akami downloads, then I downloaded the AutoCAD trial, then I installed the trial version. When I click on the AutoCAD icon in the dock the splash window appears saying "loading" for a few seconds, then it closes. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting the computer, all the usual tricks. And yes, language is set to English.

From what I can tell this is a problem for a lot of people but I have seen no explanation or suggestion other than an obscure suggesting about Journalling and reformatting the harddrive. Seems a bit excessive for a 30 day trial.

Hey Autodesk, if you want to sell to Mac users I suggest you give us some help!

47 REPLIES 47
Message 41 of 48
koc3499
in reply to: gtz.bea

Message 42 of 48
gtz.bea
in reply to: koc3499

I´ve already tried this and it won´t work either. I ´ve on this for hours. I´ve installed adn reinstalled the program a few times. I have tried the FlEX thing ( i found the folder THANKS!) but it doe´snt work. I don´t know if i´m doing ti wrong or what. May be if you could guide through it it might work. i´ve seen that some people have solved this problem.

thanks

Message 43 of 48
koc3499

Again--just quickly becasue I didn't see the answers in your responses:  First off are you using Time Machine to restore the program on your hard drive?  And have you installed the SP1 for Acad 2012 for the Mac?

Message 44 of 48
gtz.bea

Sorry, i´m kind of a dummy for this stuff. No, I have not used time Machine, and What is the "SP1" thing?

Message 45 of 48
koc3499

Service Pack that fixes some issues with the product that was shipped.  you can get it here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18344661&linkID=15839491  I don't know if it will fix the issue, but it is best to have the most current version of the product when starting to trouble shoot--just in case what you are running into is fixed already. 

Time Machine is a back up program for your system files, applications and setting and it comes with your Mac. 

Message 46 of 48
gtz.bea

Thank you, i´ll installa this SP and see what happens.

Message 47 of 48
gtz.bea

i´ve installed it, nothing happens.

Message 48 of 48
david_swift

Hi Kathy,

I removed the _&/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher*_ file from the timemachine plist fil, but I am still getting the same error messages in the console. 

The plist file now looks like this below;

Do you have any more help that you could share with me to get this trial working?

Thank you

bplist00fl
'*+,.1;<>@ABC_SkipSystemFiles]ExcludeByPath_FirmwareCheckDatesLion[BackupAlias_TimeCapsuleName_DestinationVolumeUUIDs_FirmwareCheckDates]IncludeByPath_AlwaysShowDeletedBackupsWarningZAutoBackup_LocalizedDiskImageVolumeNameYHostUUIDs_LastCompactTime]MobileBackupsWMaxSize^RootVolumeUUID_FirmwareCheckDestinationAlias_PreferencesVersionØ !"#$%&_3/Users/david_swift/Library/Calendars/Calendar Cache_./Users/david_swift/Library/Mail/Envelope Index_1/Users/david_swift/Library/Safari/WebpageIcons.db_&/Users/Swifty/Library/Calendars/Calendar Cache_8/Users/david_swift/Pictures/iPhoto Library/AlbumData.xml_5/Users/david_swift/Pictures/iPhoto Library/ThemeCache_;/Users/david_swift/Pictures/iPhoto Library/iPod Photo Cache_@/Users/david_swift/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Data/iMovie Converted_B/Users/david_swift/Library/Mail/Metadata/BackingStoreUpdateJournal_m/Users/david_swift/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.DotMacSync.4A44D2C6-35B9-5326-A277-0323D958BBAB.plist_0/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/PlayReady_L/Users/david_swift/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/History_T/Users/david_swift/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/History-journal_O/Users/david_swift/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Thumbnails_W/Users/david_swift/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Thumbnails-journal_M/Users/david_swift/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Favicons_U/Users/david_swift/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Favicons-journal—()_Swift-Time-Capsule.local3A¥∏ñ‰‹‹fO¥¥Data∆eV⁄H+Data∆eV⁄ˇˇˇˇ1as∆eH ∆eH  Data:Data
Data
Data /Volumes/Data ÉÉafpmÄ&Fj™Í.a7WuSwift Time CapsuleData David SwiftSwift-Time-Capsule.local¿®$ David Swift1afp://David%20Swift@Swift-Time-Capsule.local/Dataˇˇ_Swift Time Capsule°-_$97FDEB87-B9A7-35AF-8E12-FCBBB2C3AC99—/0_Swift-Time-Capsule.local3A¥ ™‘’lÉß2345678_`/Users/david_swift/Documents/Parallels/Windows XP.pvm/{cee6bf55-2516-44af-9f93-976e7ecd5099}.mem_`/Users/david_swift/Documents/Parallels/Windows XP.pvm/{cc37441c-1e74-4fbf-a6eb-5a49b44ca342}.mem_`/Users/david_swift/Documents/Parallels/Windows XP.pvm/{6fdf4e49-3625-4c5c-9c73-189fdb2d4640}.mem_`/Users/david_swift/Documents/Parallels/Windows XP.pvm/{028bc1be-02b9-4e94-9296-e2c7797aa215}.mem_`/Users/david_swift/Documents/Parallels/Windows XP.pvm/{eae1e596-6830-44ff-80b3-c977076d2ae2}.mem_`/Users/david_swift/Documents/Parallels/Windows XP.pvm/{88dc5f16-ec0d-49a0-8b3f-94367427062e}.mem_`/Users/david_swift/Documents/Parallels/Windows XP.pvm/{e9092d27-544d-43a7-ba8d-452e8d801743}.mem_Time Machine Backups°=_$4A44D2C6-35B9-5326-A277-0323D958BBABN˜#R_$735EDB5B-B604-32FA-AC41-233E0EE27896O¥¥Data∆eV⁄H+Data∆eV⁄ˇˇˇˇ1as∆eH ∆eH  Data:Data
Data
Data /Volumes/Data ÉÉafpmÄ&Fj™Í.a7WuSwift Time CapsuleData David SwiftSwift-Time-Capsule.local¿®$ David Swift1afp://David%20Swift@Swift-Time-Capsule.local/Dataˇˇ/AOhtÜü¥¬‰Ô*8@OoÑÖö–5^è @É»8k∫cΩ ehÉå
D
Y
[
Ç
Ö

©
±  w ⁄ = †  f g h  Å ® ≠ Æ ∞ ◊èDë

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost