AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT for Mac - freeze layer in viewport

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
troy
5511 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD LT for Mac - freeze layer in viewport

Anyone else having this issue?

When I'm in an active viewport and use the freeze tool to freeze a layer in that viewport, it ends up freezing the layer in model space, which prevents it from showing up in any viewport. I am able to manually freeze the layer in the viewport only using the layers window, but this is obviously not as efficient.

Is there a setting I don't know about that addresses this or is this an issue with the program?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: troy

In the Windows version (you are in the wrong forum), LAYFRZ command has the option to turn that on/off at the commandline. Tap that HELP button in LT for MAC and find out how to do it there (if available).

Message 3 of 9
maxim_k

Hi,

Dean is absolutely right. In AC LT for Mac you can use LAYFRZ command in viewport, just verify settings - should be: Viewports=Vpfreeze

Command: _LAYFRZ
Current settings: Viewports=Vpfreeze, Block nesting level=Block
Select an object on the layer to be frozen or [Settings/Undo]S
Enter setting type for [Viewports/Block selection]V
In paper space viewport use [Freeze/Vpfreeze] <Vpfreeze>: V
Select an object on the layer to be frozen or [Settings/Undo]Layer2
Layer "Layer2" has been frozen in this viewport.

The button is on Layers palette:

Снимок экрана 2013-01-28 в 20.33.00.png

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 9
pbid19

I am having the exact same problem as Troy.  I've verified my settings per the answers, but I'm still having the problem.  When I'm in paperspace and try to freeze a layer, it freezes in model space as well.  I've verified that the setting is "vpfreeze" and not just "freeze".  Since I'm probably doing something dumb that is causing this, can someone please step me through the steps to take when in paperspace to freeze a layer?  Can my cursor be anywhere on the screen or do I need to be double clicked in the viewport (ie, in model space)?  I've tried all combinations and am still having the problem.

Thanks.

Peg

Message 5 of 9
maxim_k
in reply to: pbid19

Hi,

Before freezing layer in viewport you have to activate it (or in other words - activate Model space). Then call LAYFRZ command, check VPfreeze option and select object on layer you want to freeze in viewport.

Actually you can freeze layer in viewport from Layers palette too:

Screen Shot 2013-03-05 at 8.33.25.png

Again - activate viewport and click on VPfreeze icon in Layers palette for layer you want to freeze in current viewport.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 9
pbid19
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you.  All those other columns weren't showing up in my layer manager.  I found it and I'm good now.  Peg

Message 7 of 9
MILESarch

The problem I have started with ACAD14.  I used to be able to click the toobar icon to freeze a layer and then touch each object in an xref through the viewport to VPFreeze it.  Now it just wants to freeze the layer the xref is inserted on.  Any ideas?

Message 8 of 9
maxim_k

Hi,

Before using LAYFRZ with Xref for the first time, select "Settings" (type S at the Command prompt), then "Block selection", then "Entity" - now LAYFRZ will freeze the layers of selected objects even if they are nested in an xref or a block.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 9 of 9
MILESarch
in reply to: maxim_k

Perfect!   Your knowledge of ACAD Mac astounds me, Maxim!  Thank you, once again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost