AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2014 for Mac causes graphic problems with Mavericks

37 REPLIES 37
Message 1 of 38
asp65
5378 Views, 37 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2014 for Mac causes graphic problems with Mavericks

Dear All-

After spending hours and hours in the Apple store with the technicians, spending hours and hours in clean installing and reinstalling, I'm quite sure, that the installed Autocad LT 2014 for Mac causes the graphic problems with my MacBookPro Retina and Mavericks 10.9.1.

It's flikcering and jiggling. Not only within the Autocad application. The complete Mac system is affected.

When I scroll with Safari, Mail, Finder or whatever, flickering. When I move Finder windows on the screen, flickering.

Sometimes, when I move an attachment from the Finder directly into Mail the file is permanetly connected to the hand of the mouse and the Finder is no more working. All other applications still work, but the Finder is crashed. Then I have to shut down and restart the system. This I guess is one of the plenty Mavericks bugs, but maybe might be also affected by Autocad.

Any help?

Does the "Adaptive Degradation" in the preferences causes any effect? I couldn't see any dfifference.

By the way, when I disable "Adaptive Degradation" and close Autocad, it's again enabled when I restard Autocad.

Thank you

Andreas

37 REPLIES 37
Message 21 of 38
eyisus
in reply to: asp65

I have a MacBookPro late 2013 retina, after installing Autocad 2014 it crashed, and my screen started flickering when scrolling or using any other app, I tried the Fix posted here (just launching Autocad again and then Cmd+Q) and... solved ! thank you very much for your help ! Smiley Very Happy

I hope Autodesk fixes this bug very soon. Have a nice day to you all.

Message 22 of 38
igortxo
in reply to: igortxo

AutoCad 2014 for Mac has been misbehaving using OSX 10.10 Yosemite. I know is not suposedly to work on it but the results on Mavericks weren´t good too. It has been moving from a stable (just a little flickering when moving the desktops using mission control) to ramdomly crashing, in the same Beta Preview, but with no interaction with any other app. A friend with MBAir 13" i7 latest 2013 has no problem. I asume is Retina issues not yet resolved which are bad news when trying to get rid of windows definitly.

Autodesk seems to put all the effort in the window version anyway, in terms of performance, options and offer.  

Message 23 of 38
ignacio.kronja
in reply to: igortxo

I can´t understand why there´s no official word on this. I want to buy a macbook pro retina to use almost exclusively with AutoCAD, but im really having second thougths...

Message 24 of 38
maxim_k

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

You can believe me or not, but I'm using AC for Mac on MacBook Pro retina for about 4 months now and NEVER had this graphics issues.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 25 of 38
ignacio.kronja
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi! and thanks for the welcome Smiley Happy

I belive you, but I also belive all the people with serious problems, and i also think autodesk should say something...

Message 26 of 38
NdPablo
in reply to: ignacio.kronja

Hi Ignacio,

it may be linked to an specific version of the macbook pro retina. I have the first that came out. In theory it only happens if AC crashes while the Intel Graphic Chip is being used (I think I read something like that). Maybe if it never crashed it never happened to some people I don't know.

The thing is that it happened to me every single time I tried from scratch with Mavericks.  In addition, you may want to activate the dedicated Nvidia chip whenever you use Autocad; kind of a pain but it easier with an app like "gfxcardstatus". I never tried it because I currently don't need AC so I didn't installed it yet.

Message 27 of 38
ignacio.kronja
in reply to: NdPablo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV9QKegvcvI

A video showing the problem (and people in the comments with the same issue)

Message 28 of 38
rodrigodias.arq

Hello, any news about the saga of the incompatibility of CAD LT2014 with the Mavericks?

Message 29 of 38

Nope, no solution and no official word on the problem. I`m hoping they release a 2015 version that works in Yosemite and solves the problem
Message 30 of 38

Hi, someone tell if the new OS X Yosemite CAD 2014 will run normally or will have the same incompatibility problem?

Message 31 of 38

One of the developers said that they have worked on the issue, it should be fixed by now (on the 2015 version, autocad 2014 is not compatible with Yosemite). As soon as I get my new macbook (is on the mail) I will install Autocad and see if it works fine...

Message 32 of 38
igortxo
in reply to: rodrigodias.arq

Last GM didn't show any mayor issue. I have found only one time crashing repeatedly after days of no rebooting the system, although the glitch in the scrolling is present is mild enough to be tolerable.

Enviado desde mi iPhone
Message 33 of 38

What is the release date of the CAD 2015 for Mac?
Message 34 of 38
maxim_k
in reply to: rodrigodias.arq

It was released on October 14:
http://news.autodesk.com/press-release/corporate-sustainability/autocad-mac-2015-and-autocad-lt-mac-...
http://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad/features/mac-highlights/gallery-view

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 35 of 38
danielecaruso1990

Andreas I had the same problem with my mac pro retina and the version autocad 2014, both mavericks who moutnain with lion !!! I wanted to know if in the end you've solved because now I'm using the windows version with parallels, but unfortunately the graphic and the work is very slow, and I would return to autocad for mac

@asp65 wrote:

Dear All-

After spending hours and hours in the Apple store with the technicians, spending hours and hours in clean installing and reinstalling, I'm quite sure, that the installed Autocad LT 2014 for Mac causes the graphic problems with my MacBookPro Retina and Mavericks 10.9.1.

It's flikcering and jiggling. Not only within the Autocad application. The complete Mac system is affected.

When I scroll with Safari, Mail, Finder or whatever, flickering. When I move Finder windows on the screen, flickering.

Sometimes, when I move an attachment from the Finder directly into Mail the file is permanetly connected to the hand of the mouse and the Finder is no more working. All other applications still work, but the Finder is crashed. Then I have to shut down and restart the system. This I guess is one of the plenty Mavericks bugs, but maybe might be also affected by Autocad.

Any help?

Does the "Adaptive Degradation" in the preferences causes any effect? I couldn't see any dfifference.

By the way, when I disable "Adaptive Degradation" and close Autocad, it's again enabled when I restard Autocad.

Thank you

Andreas

Message 36 of 38
maxim_k
in reply to: danielecaruso1990

Hi Daniel,

I already wrote about this solution (on the first page of this topic) and can repeat:
"Actually it is knowing issue with AutoCAD for Mac on some Mac machines (not all systems)....
....I noticed that the glitches appeared after AutoCAD crash. After I started AutoCAD once again and quit it in normal way without crash, the problem with graphics glitches gone away.
... In fact the glitches could appear after AutoCAD crashes on Mavericks. And in order to get rid of this glitches you only need to start AutoCAD again with new empty drawing and than quit AutoCAD without crash (using AutoCAD -> Quit AutoCAD menu, or with Cmd+Q keyboard shortcut)."

You can try this solution.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 37 of 38
danielecaruso1990
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks but this  sofware ( autocad 2014 )creates a series of problems on any operating system!do you think that installing 2015 on maveriks the problem might vanish? some have told me that it is also a Case Study of intel card grapighic.

thanks 

Message 38 of 38
maxim_k

I know a lot of work has been done by developers in 2015 version to prevent such issues, so it should work better, of course, if your hardware meets System Requirements.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost