AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2013 for MAC

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ian
Community Visitor
1486 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2013 for MAC

We have installed AutoCAD 2013 for Mac and found that at first it runs OK but as the day goes on it becomes very slow and unresponsive. It is installed on a 27" Imac with 16GB of RAM. When I check in Activity monitor AutoCAD is using over 10GB of RAM. Even if it is open and just left and not used it still uses up as much memory as there is availabe. If I close AutoCad and reopen it then it starts up with about 1GB and works at a better speed, Once open for a while it again becomes very slow and unresponsive. Has anyone else had this or know of an update that can resolve this?

Thanks

Ian

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: ian

AutoCAD/LT for MAC support forum:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/bd-p/520

Message 3 of 7
info

Yes, we recognize Autocad LT for Mac is a kind of beta software. I am afraid we have to wait for a grownup piece of software for on the Macs. Beware: don't waste your time. Whenever it will work you discover Autocad LT for Mac is Ultralight.

Message 4 of 7
K00da
in reply to: info

I had a similar problem and re-installed AutoCAD which seems to have fixed the problem.

Message 5 of 7
PeterSummers8163

Hi

We have exactly the same problem on four 27" Macs with 16 GB RAM and a new sever.  When Autocad LT is opened up, it is fine, but afer an hour or so, it is using 9 - 10 GB of Ram and becomes unusable.   It seems to be a memory leakage problem.  

I see that one reply above suggested that reinstalling the programme solved the problem.  Does anyone have any information on this?  Does it really work?

Peter 

Message 6 of 7

Hi, I am still having the problem despite reloading AutoCAD. At first i took my Macbook Pro back to Apple agent who thought it was a hard disk problem..! They changed the hard disk, i downloaded AutoCAD 2013 LT for Mac (again) and i am still having problems.

I have even contacted Autodesk, sent them the file that i am predominantly working on (6MB Size). First thing they said is that file size is quite large. i told them i didnt accept that as a valid argument, to me 6MB is not a large file size. Next up was the file is probably corrupt, have sent them all the drawings that i have imported data from, etc, etc and still they cannot find the problem.

I have even sent them the link to this forum where one poster stated that Memory Leakage was the potential problem. This has been with their developers for months now but still dont seem to be getting anywhere.

I am so frustrated everyday trying to draw with this file, the constant SBBOD on the screen causing delays, I am sure my client will start looking elsewhere with the time it is taking me to do this drawing..!

Has anybody got any latest information regarding this problem..?

Message 7 of 7
K00da
in reply to: rjlprojects

I feel your pain.

It seems the memory/processor management in LT for Mac is very poor indeed. I can have 3 or 4 500K ish drawings open  and on the Mac (i7 2.8 + 16GB) it takes 20-30 secs for switch between each one while on the PC (same machine) its instant (same files).

The Mac version is clearly a bit naff.

For the cost of next years subscription I could by a copy of Cadopia. Hmmm.... food for thought.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost