AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 mac is very slow! please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
avillate87
713 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 mac is very slow! please help!

Hey! I've been using Autocad for about 3 years now, i recently got a Mac. I'm getting really annoyed with the constant apperance of the spinning wheel of death whenever i copy/paste. Now i'm having an even more worrying problem, everytime i draw anything i'm getting the spining wheel of death. its really annoying and it takes me ages to complete a drawing!

system details:

Mac OS X version 10.7.7

Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

the drawing i'm working on atm is only 3 MB so its not even that big!

I really need to solve this problem, i'm a 3rd year architecture student so i spend loads of time using this programme. 

please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rgwhatley
in reply to: avillate87

I'm in the same boat. Apparently there's nothing you can do. After much searching I think the problem lies with the lack of software acceleration for the graphics drivers. 

Message 3 of 4
NISMO_187

Hi. I also use a Mac for all my AutoCad drafting and designes. I had this same issue for a short period of time. I solved this by reinstalling the program. Once it was finished reinstalling the annoying beach ball of death never appeared again during my work on these programs. 

Message 4 of 4
JohnRennie

I'm having a similar issue with 2013, and can't seem to narrow it down to any one thing.

For me 2012 works fine, but 2013 is really bad to being unusuable.

I have tried it on 2 separate machines now and on each one it appears to get slower and the beach ball more frequent the longer you work on it. I.e. it is worse in the afternoons.

Do you work over a network, or is everything done locally?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost