AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 LT not available on the Mac App Store

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
push-pull
1248 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 LT not available on the Mac App Store

AutoCAD LT 2012 for Mac is no longer available on the mac app store.  I downloaded it into a Mac Pro running Mavericks just a few weeks ago.  Sadly it wan't compatable with Mavericks.  

I am reinstalling Mountain lion on a spare drive just to make sure there are no other issues with ACLT 2012 in this Mac Pro and that Mavericks is the only problem.

I Like mavericks and wanted to be sure ACLT2012 worked on this Mac Pro before I ditch all the time I spent setting up the drive a few weeks ago. I am moving across the country to start a big project in 4 days.  I need to be ready to go as soon as I arrive.

Where can I get a copy of 2012 lt for mac?  The mac app store version has 5 liscences (I am using 4) and had no serial number.  It also isn't transferable.  

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wei503
in reply to: push-pull

Hi, AutoCAD LT 2012 for Mac AppStore version is still available in the App Store Purchases page. After you log in the App Store with the Apple ID which you used to purchase it, you can see the app in the Purchases page. But AutoCAD LT 2012 for Mac is not compatible with Mavericks. For your urgent project, you can download the trial version of AutoCAD 2014 with 30 days license. Thanks, Wei

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Message 3 of 6
maxim_k

Hi,

As Wei mentioned in previous post - you need to login to MAS with your Apple ID, go to Purchases section and you will see the button INSTALL near AutoCAD LT application. I checked just now and was able to re-install AutoCAD LT 2011 from MAS:

Screen Shot 2014-01-17 at 13.31.05.png

Screen Shot 2014-01-17 at 13.31.19.png

BTW: according to Apple rules you can install applications from MAS on each Mac you own (not just on 5 machines)

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 6
push-pull

I think I get why the install button is greyed out. And when I click the title "AutoCAD LT 2012" it tells me it isn't available in my country.

I kept the mavericks boot disk in my MP and put another blank drive in a different bay. I installed Mountain Lion on the blank drive and logged into MAS. That is we're it was greyed out and "not available". In Mountain lion I went to the applications folder on the mavericks boot disk and opened AC LT 2012. It works great. Even though AC Lt is on a different drive Mountain lion recognized it was installed in the mavericks app folder and greyed it out. Despite recognizing it it was not in the mountain lion apps folder. So MAS searches your entire machine in case you install software in unusual places.

I am going to commit and fully erase my main drive reinstall mountain lion on it and take out the extra drive. Then I will be able to install AC Lt straight into Mountain Lion.

Thanks!!!
Message 5 of 6
maxim_k

Yes, you are right- if you have a copy of application purchased in MAS somewhere on your Mac (even not in Application folder, even on USB stick) App Store wouldn't allow you to use Install button in Purchased section. As soon as you eject the external disk with application on it- you will be able to install application to Applications folder of your startup disk.
The above applies to AutoCAD LT.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 6 of 6
dbhatcher
in reply to: wei503

So will 2012 LT *never* be compatible with Mavericks? I find this incredibly ballsy on Autodesk's part. After paying 900 bucks and not even two years old, I can't use my software with an upgrade to the OS? WOW!!! And no path to upgrade to a version that doesn't have compatibility issues? I think Autodesk really wants me to move to another CAD platform ...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost