AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 for Mac system requirements

113 REPLIES 113
Message 1 of 114
tom.stoeckel
25098 Views, 113 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 for Mac system requirements

Here is a solution about the system requirements for AutoCAD 2011 for Mac as well as how to determine the model of your Mac:

System Requirements for AutoCAD for Mac

Tom Stoeckel
Content Manager
Strategic Content & Community
Autodesk, Inc.
113 REPLIES 113
Message 101 of 114
DanClark66
in reply to: d-web

D-Web asked:  "What version are you are running on your Macbook Pro?"

Product Version  E.49.H.62 

(This was the version I originally downloaded in Nov 2010. I keep getting a notice of an available update but I do not accept.)

My apologies for being so abrupt in my last email, its just with no reference to the earlier  poster, it appeared that you were speaking in a general sense.  I regret that so many of the messages on here have had problems. I really cannot answer why it worked for me except that I followed every detail of the download instructions to the letter. 

Unfortunately, my knowledge of this software is too limited to offer troubleshooting assistance to others.

Best of Luck to All.

Message 102 of 114
rcmasla
in reply to: tom.stoeckel

i have a mac osx 10.5.8. when i tried downloading it, it seems to be downloading okay, but then i got a message saying my graphics card is not big enough. i am not a computer genius, i just want autocad on my computer so i can use it for my school projects. can someone help me out? 

Message 103 of 114

Hello, I have been a Mac user for the last four years and AutoCad 2011 for Mac is most certainly one of the most disappointing professional programs ever released for Apple computers. I can surely understand that since it is the first version of the product it would be problematic but honestly nobody excepted such a failure; figures speak for them selves, I do not have to get into details. The reason I am writing is not to manipulate the company but I would  rather call for a better version of the software. Like many others said: "Design programs were the only reasons I was tied to a Windows Operative System, don't force me back to it"

Tags (1)
Message 104 of 114
peterhku

Well I have a double problem. My mac is Imac8.1. 4GB. Good for any Adobe app, but Autodesk is getting me very annoyed. Today I lost a whole day crashing, updating and especially wating for ANY version of 2011 to move.

In bootcamp and XP is is NOT workable.

In OSX (latest) it is NOT workable.

I switched back to 2010 illegally for a try and something moved allright. De-installed it again, but the point has been proven. But as a student I HAVE to use 2011 and in both OS it is even heavier than Windows 7. For the record: I wil not buy new hardware, I can't afford it and specifically don't need it for anything else. Potential client lost I would say.
Autodesk should be able to sell stuff that works without a splash of new computer. I presume Autodesk outsourced 2011 development to some pakistani university for the freshmanyear? Could these guys cut the crap which makes this code so superheavy like Apple did with snowleopard? The program is absolutely not ready for sale. And I dare not try 2012. On to Vectorworks and Sketchup I think, this is as bad as it gets.

Message 105 of 114
RicMont

hey guys im undertand all of that I have an iMac 11.1 whit core i7 , ati radeon 1gb and autocad just not run since a week ago and I cant have support anywhere sombody kows that problem ? in the facks page only says my computer is not supported 

Message 106 of 114
RicMont

is not a solution is a joke 

Message 107 of 114
pharaonnoell

Hello,

I sak you some questions because my program doesn't work. I have an Macbook pro 5.5 ans i have os x lion (10.7.1) but my autoCAD 2011 for mac (and the 3 updates) doesnt'work...

What i have to do ? Chage to os x leopard or ...?

So, i hope i will have an solution... any one else.  (sorry for my bad english).

ps : i have memory : 2 Go 1067 MHz DDR3 and processor : 2,26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 

Message 108 of 114
sean

I am a potential new user of Autocad, and had hoped to do my class homework AT HOME on my macbook 1.1..... But now I have to get a newer Mac? I really would prefer and OLDER version of Autocad that works with this hardware.

Message 109 of 114
klphotos
in reply to: sean

There is not an older version for the Mac. I have one Mac that is listed as not supported and the program runs OK. It can be frustratingly slow at times and there still seems to be some sort of memeory leak.

Download the trial and see if will install and run.

If your class is based on a windows version, I would try and stay in a windows version when you work at home. There are alot of commands missing in the Mac version that are avaiable in the Windows version. Even the 2012 version has a long way to go to be as complete as the Windows version of 2012.

Good Luck

Kevin

Message 110 of 114
valeterra

Hi, why AutoCAD (2011 and 2012) don't run on my Mac OSx 10.7.2 Lion? It start but immediately crash...can someone helps me please?

About the 2011 i've even installed the 3 updates...

I have a MacBook Pro 2,2 and since i've installed Lion i can't work with my AutoCAD (Education version)

thank you

Valerio

Message 111 of 114
maxim_k
in reply to: valeterra

@valeterra wrote:

I have a MacBook Pro 2,2 and since i've installed Lion i can't work with my AutoCAD (Education version)

Valerio

Hi Valerio,

I think MacBook Pro 2,2 rather old hardware to run AC for Mac on it:

Intro Date:October 24, 2006Disc Date:June 5, 2007

Isn't it?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 112 of 114
sean
in reply to: maxim_k

Yeah, because we are all running out to buy new computers with our unemployment pittances.

Message 113 of 114
valeterra
in reply to: maxim_k

hi,

yes but before, when i had Snow Leopard, AutoCAD 2011 run without any problems! So i think that the problem is conected to Lion system.

Message 114 of 114
bcowan7244

I have a Macbook 5,1 with OSX version 10.5.8.  Can I not download AutoCAD for Mac at all?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost