AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 for Mac crashes when COPY/PASTING

83 REPLIES 83
SOLVED
Message 1 of 84
Fredrik_Thege
11524 Views, 83 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 for Mac crashes when COPY/PASTING

Hi everyone,

I am using AutoCAD 2011 for Mac to draw simple 2D blueprints for lithography masks.

When I try to use copy or copy with base point and subsequently paste commands, AutoCAD either does nothing or crashes. Approximately once out of 10 times it will successfully copy the selection. This applies to copying between drawings as well as within a drawing.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but it's not helping.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Fredrik

83 REPLIES 83
Message 61 of 84
Stevenmartin1984
in reply to: elvera88

Hello.

Can you please tell me if this is going to be resolved soon.

I use this program daily and this copy/paste issue problem and general slow running of autocad 2011 for mac is a REAL problem.

Its not good enough to have a program that does not work properly. These programs cost a lot of money and autocad for mac is practically useless!!

Please help!

Regards

Steven

Message 62 of 84
cthomsen
in reply to: Stevenmartin1984

See the string above. It is resolved. Download the update.

Message 63 of 84

I did. I just updated the software. Every time I try and and copy and paste the cursor turns to the beach ball. zoom in and out is slow. drawing is slow! Unusable. It was fine before the update. My computer spec is more than sufficient.
I don't think the problem is resolved. Every time an update is issued the package gets worse!
Message 64 of 84
cthomsen

I'm having no problem at all. Originally I had a -year old computer with a slow graphic chip and it was troublesome but I upgraded the hardware and it's smooth. Sorry I can't help you.

Message 65 of 84
ArchNinja
in reply to: belilom

Hey Misha,

The link has expired for the copy/paste solution.

How do I find this Beta fix?

I just sent you an email.

Please help.

Scott

Message 66 of 84
belilom
in reply to: ArchNinja

Scott,

And I already replied to you that subsequent posts point to the official fix posted at http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16760244&linkID=15839491.

Thanks,

Misha

Message 67 of 84

Thank you Misha!

You are the great and powerful OZ.

It works!!

Scott

Message 68 of 84

Hello.

I have downloaded the most recent update.

There is still a long delay when I copy and paste anything and it sometimes crashes. The program is really slow. I have a brand new imac. 

I am using the educational version!

Regards

Steven

Message 69 of 84
julianotxr
in reply to: Fredrik_Thege

After installing both updates, Copy and paste seem be back to normal, but opening files, pam and zoom now make autocad crashes... what is going on? I have a 15-inch MBP 5,1 (supported hardware). HELP!

Message 70 of 84
tierney87
in reply to: julianotxr

I am having this same problem (freezing with copy/paste and zooming) and I have installed both 1 and 2 updates. Thank goodness for parallels (to run autocad on the pc side) or nothing would get done.  Never thought I would say thank goodness for pc. 😞  Please hurry and figure this out autodesk

Message 71 of 84

Hi I am also having the same problem , I have been using cad on my macbook pro for a couple of months and it was all fine, bar the odd random crash, but since I have installed updates on my mac ((its seems anyway) when copying/pasting autocad just crashes all together.. it happens everytime now and I am at a loss as to what to do??? Cant seem to get in touch with anyone from autodesk, and i have 5 weeks left in uni and really cannot finish my project without cad, help please!!!!!

Thanks 🙂

Message 72 of 84

I have stil got the same problem. AutoCAD come one. Bring your standards up to the standard of MAC osX. If you cant supply a product which is as good as OSX don't bother. 

Message 73 of 84
cthomsen

Dear Tierney7 and julianotxr

I had a lot of trouble with AutoCAD for MAC with my older MacBook. It would freeze or crash unexpectedly and the cursor was jittery. One of the AutoCAD super geeks I know came by and said he thought it was probably a slow graphics card. I upgraded to a new MacBook Pro with the AMD Raedon HD 6750 M and the Intel HD Graphics 3000 and 8 megs of memory and things ran smoothly for awhile. Then I upgraded to the latest edition of Snow Leopard and the copy/past function crashed.  I found this message board and found others had the same problem. I then emailed AutoCAD and got a prompt reply from Misha Belilovskiy <mikhail.belilovskiy@autodesk.com> (see his earlier posts a few pages back) that they were on it and indeed in a couple of days they had the update. He was very helpful. The link he supplied in an earlier posting was essentially the link to the upgrade. I believe that link has expired but it was just a link to what was the upgrade. Since upgrading, things have been pretty smooth with an occasional crash and freeze that was no different than my experience with AutoCAD in my PC days. Of course after spending 30 years with the PC world and being used to frequent crashes, I'm now spoiled by Mac stability. AutoCAD for Mac is not as stable as most Mac programs, but an average of one crash/two hours isn't bad. If I remember to save regularly, I don't lose much time. (My new SSD loads AutoCAD in a couple of heartbeats.) Hope this is helpful.

Message 74 of 84

I must say I never had any real problems running Autocad off of a pc. and if you are having autocad crashes every 2 hours then I would say you have a big problem. That is useless. I have a brand new iMac with high spec graphics card. This is an Autocad issue not a mac issue. Amateur player trying to play with the big boys!!!!
Message 75 of 84

Thanks alot for the link, installed updates and touch wood all seems fine again now! copying/pasting as normal no crashing (for now anyway!)

Cheers again 🙂

Message 76 of 84
julianotxr
in reply to: cthomsen

Hello cthomsen,

Unfortunatelly both autocad for mac updates just make my computer crash every 5 minutes with no apparent reason.

What is working for me as a temporary solution is the command C or V override file provided by one of the colaborators, it adds a parameter to these commands which is a refference when you need to copy or paste something. Actually it even improves these commands once they become more accurate. However, I am unable to upgrade until a final solution is provided by Autodesk. Let's stay tuned until then...

Thank you for your message.

Regards.

Message 77 of 84
gennylee
in reply to: Einstijn

MAXIM:
I too have the same problem with copy and paste:
What do I need to check on the SYSTEM PREFERENCES:  > Energy Saver:
ALSO_ How do you copy a viewport onto another sheet if copy/paste doesn't work?

Message 78 of 84
Snowton
in reply to: Fredrik_Thege

Does the attach under the file menu serve as a "paste" from one image to another? If so can you get around the image being attached from turning into raster image?

Best Regards!

Tags (1)
Message 79 of 84
jserink
in reply to: e.k.ashworth1

Hi All:

I'm having the same problem with AcadLT2012 in WIndows7.

I copy a block from drawing A, try and paste it into drawing B and Acad Freezes and never recovers.

It has to be closed with task manage.

Anyone have a work around?

Cheers,

John

Message 80 of 84
pedrodapalma
in reply to: maxim_k

Hello, just signed in to say THANK YOU!!!!KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

congrats, from Portugal

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost