AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrays in Mac and PC

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nickeroni
318 Views, 2 Replies

Arrays in Mac and PC

I work in an office mostly doing solar installation plans. I use AutoCAD for Mac 2013. When I create an array (generally of solar panels spaced a specific distence apart) it works ok. When someone else in my office goes to use a drawing I created with my mac the array is locked together. Usually there are individual boxes with a hatch applied. When another user needs to edit the array- in the case that the plans have changed- they cannot move the objects in the array without exploding the array. We can't use the explode because it also explodes the hatch used in each object in the array. This is not an issue with Windows users in our office. Any work- arounds? Help and Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: nickeroni

Hi,

Which version of AutoCAD on PC can not edit arrays, created in AC 2013 for Mac? If it is version prior to 2012, they can not edit Dynamic arrays created in AC 2012 and later versions of AutoCAD for both Mac and PC.

You can use ARRAYCLASSIC command in order to create "old style" arrays, but you won't be able to edit them dynamically.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
nickeroni
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks I will see if this works. -- Nicole Schmitt nschmitt1@gmail.com 917?327?0645

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost