AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATT (attributes) DIALOG BOX flashes then disappears

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
FSANYC
601 Views, 2 Replies

ATT (attributes) DIALOG BOX flashes then disappears

All my dialog boxes work fine EXCEPT the ones related to attributes. I try to edit a block and the dialog box flashes onscreen for a hot second and then goes invisible. It's not off-screen somewhere because it flashes on, it just disappears after that. I can modify the block if I blind tab but I can't see what I'm changing in the block.

I tried deleting preference plist files but that doesn't seem to make any difference. I'm hoping not to have reinstall Autocad, any other thoughts?

All my -DIA settings are set to 1.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: FSANYC

Hi,

1. It is absolutely safe to reinstall AutoCAD, believe me. You even will not loose your customization - just leave "Leave application preferences" check box in during uninstallation checked.

2. If you are still won't to reinstall you can try this: In AutoCAD there are in fact two commands with dialog interface for editing attribute values: EATTEDIT and ATTEDIT. Have you tried both of them? I mean do you have the same behavior of dialog box in both commands?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
FSANYC
in reply to: FSANYC

Thank you! It was both commands that weren't working but before reinstalling I tried deleting ALL the plist files. At first I had only deleted the com.autodesk.AutoCAD.plist one and that didn't work.

I had to reset all preferences but still, at least the ATT command is working properly now.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost