AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD for Mac 2012: New patch messes up printing layouts

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Schrocks
465 Views, 11 Replies

ACAD for Mac 2012: New patch messes up printing layouts

I accidentally downloaded and installed the ACAD for Mac 2012 update this morning. Now if I use _quickview to create a copy of a layout, it alters the printer of the layout being copied from and won't let me print either the document being copied from or the new layout.

Does anybody have a workaround for this?

Failing that, how would I uninstall the update?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Schrocks
in reply to: Schrocks

I did find that I can use the normal print function (Command-P) to print each page individually.  I just can't print (publish) them all as a batch thru the _quickview command.  This is a slow work-around.  I won't be uninstalling the patch (due to the hassle that is likely involved), but I still would like to be able to print all layouts at once.

Message 3 of 12
maxim_k

Hi,

I think the latest patch is not related to the problem.
The problem is something else.

So I have some questions to you:

- Where did you create this DWG file? (and set up the print settings for the Layout?) If it was on the same Mac as now, then:

- Did you make some changes to System printer (change default printer in System Preferences, or deleted printer, or added the new one?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 12
Schrocks
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks for the prompt reply.  The file that I use as a template is supplied by another company most likely on a PC.  However, I've been using some version of it for about 4 years (the first 3 on a bootcamp Mac) and I haven't had any change in this version document for at least the last 4 or 5 projects.  Furthermore, I tried it on a fresh version of this file and a completely different drawing as well.  They all disable the publishing (through _quickview) of any layout I create as well as the layout that I copied it from.

I'm not aware of making any changes to the printer.  It's possible that I clicked somewhere I should not have, but I can't think of what would have created this effect.  I've attached a screenshot.

Message 5 of 12
maxim_k

Please, move the focus in the batch list to Layout with error - what kind of error do you have?

My advice: create new Page setup (with some name) in Page Setup Manager and assign it to you first Layout (looks like you have not created named page setup in your template drawing) - I think this could resolve your problem.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 12
maxim_k

Forgot to mention: after you create Page setup - set it current for first Layout, then you can copy this Layout in Quickview window.
BTW - in order to create "lightweight" screenshot you can use Shift+Cmd+4 shortcut, then hit Spacebar and "take a picture" of current window by clicking with "camera" cursor inside window. This will create PNG file on your Desktop with the name "Screennshot ..."

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 12
Schrocks

OK, if I move the focus to the other layout, the status shows "Layout not found".

The template contains 3 layouts which all batch publish fine if I don't duplicate any layouts (which is the easiest way that I know of to add layouts).  If I try to duplicate one, this is the problem that I get.  The error that you see in the screen shot refers to the layout that I copied FROM.  The newly created layout does not show up at all even though I selected all 4.

Strangely, if I delete either the newly created layout, or the original, the error goes away and I can print the 3 remaining layouts again.  If I delete either of the other 2 layouts, the error remains.

Message 8 of 12
maxim_k

Sorry, but where is screenshot?

How do you move focus to other layout?

Have you tried to AUDIT / RECOVER the drawing?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 9 of 12
Schrocks

Here is a screen shot.  A Recover command on the file finds 0 errors.

Message 10 of 12
maxim_k

Hi,

Have you tried to create Page Setup with Page Setup Manager and assign it to Layout you are duplicating? As I see from your screenshot, you didn't created Page Setup for your Layouts (your current Page Setup is Default:none).
So try to create Page Setup, assign it to Layout and then create a copy of that Layout.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 11 of 12
Schrocks

Thanks for all your attention to this.  I used the page setup manager to create a new setup.  I used the <Previous plot> to start from.  Then I assigned that page setup to all of the layouts.  The error is still 'Layout not found'.

Message 12 of 12
maxim_k

Could you please share your file (post it here)?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost