AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 LT printers

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jacksor1
691 Views, 7 Replies

2013 LT printers

I am trying this package and am having problems with printers. The package only sees the system printers consequently I am unable to make plots larger than the paper sizes they support (Tabloid). The windows version I have used (2011 LT) had drivers for DWG to PDF, DWG to DWF etc. which allowed me to select large sheet sizes in the layouts. I know that I can print to PDf using the Mac system but the largest paper size is limited to the installed system printers limitations.

Macbook Pro running Lion.

Am I missing something ?

I also posted this on the Autocad LT forum.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: jacksor1

Hi,

In Edit page setup dialog (you can call it from Layout or Model) open Paper Size drop-down list, at the bottom of the list select "Manage custom sizes", click on "+" and select New or Select from list:

Screen shot 2012-04-04 at 17.09.01.png

Edit the name of paper size (if you need), non-printable area, etc.

Click OK, your new paper will show in paper sizes list.

HTH

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 8
jacksor1
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks that will work.

I must admit I was hoping someone would just say go "here" for the missing printer drivers and have it all done for me, guess I need to open up my windows version and copy down all the sheet sizes and printable area settings.

Message 4 of 8
mzarchs

I have the same problem and worked around to the same solution.  However, the preview of the PDF is always upside down.  Does anyone have any suggestion?

Message 5 of 8
jmartinarch
in reply to: mzarchs

I don't have  a work around for the upside down pdf, but I am curious about your results with pdf.

Besides being upside down, is the  quality good?  Have you experienced any random cropping?

Message 6 of 8
mzarchs
in reply to: jacksor1

This only my second day on LT 2013 for Mac so I haven't a long history.  So far the PDFs seem complete once the orientation of the page is correctly established.

Message 7 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: mzarchs

Hi,

Have you tried to play with this option in Page Setup dialog:

Снимок экрана 2013-01-09 в 22.41.21.png

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 8 of 8
mzarchs

Thanks.  I didn't see that the Page Setup Manager has a second half to the right that could be expanded.  Why hide it to begin with?  Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost