AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 LT for mac / OSX Mavericks issues

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
2195 Views, 15 Replies

2013 LT for mac / OSX Mavericks issues

anyone else having issues editing blocks / text after upgrading to OSX Mavericks? every other function seems to work properly, but when I try to edit blocks / text, I get the "Application not Responding" error. I've tried a fresh install which yielded no luck. I downloaded the trial version of 2014 LT for Mac and it seems to be running seemlessly, just don't want to upgrade quite yet.

any suggestions?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

anyone else having issues editing blocks / text after upgrading to OSX Mavericks? every other function seems to work properly, but when I try to edit blocks / text, I get the "Application not Responding" error. I've tried a fresh install which yielded no luck. I downloaded the trial version of 2014 LT for Mac and it seems to be running seemlessly, just don't want to upgrade quite yet.

any suggestions?

Message 2 of 16
hwalker

Welcome to the Forums

This section of the forum is LT for Windows. Your best bet would be to post your question here AutoCAD for Mac

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: hwalker

whoops. thanks.

Message 5 of 16
maxim_k

Hi,

I think you have to wait for some time, Beta of Service Pack for full version of AC for Mac already available for testing. How long to wait? I think not so long.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 6 of 16
pendean

You'll see several discussions on it in the MAC forum: there is a beta patch out now for 2013, sit tight until it becomes official if you are not up to trying the beta patch.

Never EVER update an OS without the greenlight from all your software vendors.
Message 7 of 16
wei503
in reply to: pendean

We have delivered the Service Pack 2 Beta 2 version for both AutoCAD 2013 and AutoCAD LT 2013(non-appstore version) for Mac.

AutoCAD LT 2013 users can register via link below and get the update.

http://beta.autodesk.com/callout/?callid=5AC170CC43094C76BA5EB4B8A0DE1FED

Note: This LT update is not applicable for AutoCAD LT 2013 downloaded via Mac AppStore.

Thanks,
Wei

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Message 8 of 16
maxim_k

Hi  ryan,

I want to inform you that Service Pack 2 (Beta 2) for AutoCAD LT 2013, which resolves incompatibility issues with Mavericks, available on beta.autodesk.com since this moment. You can use instructions from this post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/AutoCAD-2013-for-Mac-SP2-Beta-is-available/m-p/4581727...

to login to beta.autodesk.com and find installer for this SP in Downloads section.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: wei503

Wei,

thanks for this. much appreciated!
Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

Installed Mavericks today and service pack sp-2 Autocad Lt 2013,

Canoot openm any files with open file command, as soon as i click on a file to open Autocad shuts down.  My partner ids having the same problem on her mac as well.  Any ideas?

Mark

Message 11 of 16
maxim_k

Hi Mark,

Do you get CER window when it crashes?
Where the files you are trying to open located: on local drive or on network drive?
What if you will create new DWG, save it, close and then open in AutoCAD? Does it crashes?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 12 of 16
maxim_k

Hi Mark,

I also noticed that you had such problem permanently with all AutoCAD versions
- with AC 2011:
forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/AutoCAD-2011-for-Mac-Update-3-Lion-support-is-now-live/m-p/3186416
- with AC 2012:
forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/Autodesk-2012-for-MAC-crashes-when-trying-to-save-file-on-the/m-p/3188628
- and now with AC 2013.
And you never reported was the issue solved or not. In all previous cases the problem was with DWG files you was trying to open from network drive. Could there be a problem with network configuration you have on your Mac, maybe some permissions problems?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: wei503

When will this solution be available to those who purchased through the Mac App Store? I'm beginning to feel like a real second-class citizen ...

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous

I too have been having problems with AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac since upgrading to Mavericks. AutoCAD contstantly crashes without reason or warning. Working on a drawing yesterday, AutoCAD crashed no fewer than ten times. I send the CER report each time it crashes (I've probably sent somewhere in the realm of 50 to 100 at this point) but I have yet to hear any response from the AutoDesk team. I've uninstalled and reinstalled AutoCAD; I've checked permissions on my machine; I've made sure that AutoCAD is the only program running when I use it; I've updated to Service Pack 2 through the "check for updates" selection within AutoCAD. I've also called a local reseller and asked if I could get a discount on AutoCAD for Mac LT 2014, since my existing program is essentially non-functional (you can probably guess the answer that I received).

Being a fair trade and local economy advocate, I've often lamented customer disloyalty and the new standard of low prices and low customer service, but it seems that AutoDesk has taken the concept unavailability to a whole new level; I've found it exceedingly difficult to find any way to genuinely engage with an expert who can help me with software issue (for whose time I would gladly pay). To be honest, if I had some type of assurance the same issues would not arise with AutoCAD for Mac 2014 or that, if they did, I could contact someone for help, I probably would have bought the program already. Tired and completely exasperated, I am posting to this community forum, hoping that someone else has had the same struggle and, perhaps, found a solution.

I think that the software developers at AutoDesk should be paid for their efforts and I do not support piracy, but after having this experience, I can understand why someone might install an illegal copy of AutoCAD, seeing as owning a legal copy does not guarantee greater software stability or greater access to customer support. I can especially understand it if these others, like myself, are hard workers of meager means.

I have had a good customer experience with SketchUp, so, without some type of resolution, I may focus my energy and resources on utilizing that program and its add-ons to produce drawings formerly created in AutoCAD.

If anyone out there has a similar experience or a solution, you assistance would be greatly appreciated.

-Matt

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous

Hi Matt & all, Thanks for the feedbacks. Turning off the dynamic input mode will help to avoid the random crashes during drafting on Mavericks. And we are researching for a fix for next update. I have sent emails to you to collect more info and looking forward to your reply. Thanks, Wei
Message 16 of 16
Anonymous

After a few days of following your advice, turning off dynamic inputs appears to have done the trick; the seemingly random crashes have stopped. As exasperated as I felt four days ago, I am now equally relieved to have back a stable AutoCAD program. Thank you so much for your time and expertise.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report