AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same position number for different RC element in Autodesk structural detailing.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1067 Views, 1 Reply

same position number for different RC element in Autodesk structural detailing.

Hi,

Autodesk structural detailing is great software for structural engineer and cad technician. However I have this problem I can not figure out. Anyone can help?

For example: I create 30 different beam element Beam 1, beam 2 ......beam 30. Each beam has 5 type of bars. If I create all 30 beams in one drawing, that means I will have the big position number(bar mark) such as 30x5=150. However I would like number the position(bar mark) for each beam such as 1,2,3,4,5 for beam 1, and repeat 1,2,3,4,5 for beam 2. Then creat reinforcement table for each beam.

Thanks in advance.

tdt41xf

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

In my opinion the bar marking system need improvement. The position number is there marking system which can work in some instances, but for the standards of drafting in the company I work for the do not. I usually edit the descriptions to create a bar mark for all bent bars. Straight bar is marked by its straight length.

If you want to use the positioning marking system of ASD....I'm guessing you are getting a new position numbers for each bar each time you create a beam. As long as the bar size and length are the same you can use the command rbcr_tool_renum (renumbering of reinforement position). In the command select the sub command "Identical reinforcement", and this should merge all similar bar together into one position (bar mark).

with the same command you can use Consolidation help consolidate position marks. Be advised if you are use the consolidate that you check your bar and the position number has changed on the tags. If I remember some do not untill you edit the tag then get out of it.

Hope this helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips