AutoCAD Structural Detailing General DIscussion

Valued Contributor
tedmail
Message 1 of 2 (243 Views)

"...not coplanar!"

243 Views, 1 Replies
07-11-2011 11:02 AM

I would like to merge two profiles of pipe that have bends in them and I can't them to produce another bend due to the following error message:

_RBCS_merge 2 found
One of selected profiles is not coplanar!
Valued Contributor
tedmail
Message 2 of 2 (145 Views)

Re: "...not coplanar!"

10-26-2011 11:11 AM in reply to: tedmail

I am still having this issue and it is a pain.  I now also have issues getting the bend to work correctly if I don't have a long enough piece to work with.  For instance, if I have a bend in an 1.5" round tube @ 3"R, it will not do two of those within 12".  It's actually worse than that, but I will require some bends to be inches apart and that doesn't seem achievable.  Then when trying to merge two profiles with bends that close, it claims the "not coplanar" thing again.  It's practically useless without being able to have that as a single piece as then I have to modify the printouts and at which time I could have drawn it old style.  But the data wont update in the BOM and then I'm fixing all those.  It really creates more trouble for my whole project just because of the one part not joining.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Structural Detailing Category!

The AutoCAD Structural Detailing forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community