AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating a bend beam

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
salahxaaji
1198 Views, 8 Replies

creating a bend beam

Hello all, 

I'm very embarassed to ask such a question here but I can't seem to find any solution and I've been trying for hours to come up with something but I'm lost. In addition I'm an amateur when it comes to CAD however i need it for my upcoming thesis.

The goal is to draw a steel construction with 10 frames and a spacing of 10m. The problem, the beam should be bend (similar to the picture posted). I've tried to use the 'frameworks' feature and 'bent profiles' however it won't work so until now all i've got is a construction without beam (picture attached). I would be very grateful if someone could provide me with clear steps on how to create the bent beam. 

I hope my explanation is clear (sorry if not).

cheers

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
zcsillag
in reply to: salahxaaji

curb.png

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 3 of 9
zcsillag

Here dwg file

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 4 of 9
salahxaaji
in reply to: zcsillag

Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. I would just like the know how you did it as I'm having difficulties to insert it into my construction?

Message 5 of 9
zcsillag

arc.png

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 6 of 9
salahxaaji

Even though that wasn't what i asked (my problem was on how to create an arc in my workframe in the y-z-plane (the program would only let me create it in the x-y-plane), not on how to insert a profile), I managed to copy your drawing into my drawing and with some modification (don't really know what exactly and why lol) I was successful in creating the bent beam. 

Thank you very much!

Message 7 of 9
zcsillag

UCS command 😛
Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 8 of 9
wrya4564749

i have problem to send Rc from Revit to ASD. HOW CAN SOLVE IT. please help

2014-05-23 12_47_05-Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2014 - [Drawing1.dwg].png

Message 9 of 9
AhmedZA
in reply to: wrya4564749

use ASD tool at extension tab or you can save any views as dxf file

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips