AutoCAD Structural Detailing General

sebastianpop
Message 11 of 16 (389 Views)

Re: commitment of RAM

10-28-2012 11:01 AM in reply to: StefanoPasquini6790

If you use XREF how do you connect the columns with the bracings for example ?

Valued Contributor
jorgeluisgdeaca
Message 12 of 16 (378 Views)

10-28-2012 06:55 PM in reply to: StefanoPasquini6790

sounds that you should work rendering the biggest galaxy!!! is a disgrace you need to invert/put/waste too much money just using ASD, other programs run full mode using 2gb RAM.

Valued Contributor
ZHUKOV_ING
Message 13 of 16 (361 Views)

10-29-2012 02:51 PM in reply to: StefanoPasquini6790

Lanzman you have best computer, no need to change it, man i have just a regular laptop with core 2 duo, 8gb RAM and Nvidia geforce gts 9800m, and 6 months ago i just switch from ASD to Graitec Advance steel who also works on Autocad platform and from my experience Graitec can magae Autocad better then Autodesk itself, When i was working with ASD even for small projects my Ram was always on 100% but now max used RAM with Graitec is just 3 Gb for bigger projects. My opinion is stop investing in your beast machine just invest in new software :smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
petko666
Message 14 of 16 (350 Views)

10-30-2012 03:08 AM in reply to: StefanoPasquini6790

I agree with ZHUKOV_ING about the absurldy high system requirements of ASD compared to Advance Steel . Bottom line is that the 3D model appearance is quite the same (except that in Advance Steel the welds are just a cross symbol) but AS is much lighter that ASD , so it's not an impossible task to make the program much lighter , it's its biggest flaw.

PS AS is a great program but it has quite a few things that in my opinion are much better in ASD . If I could combine the two programs into one it would be almost perfect .

Valued Contributor
jorgeluisgdeaca
Message 15 of 16 (347 Views)

10-30-2012 03:53 AM in reply to: StefanoPasquini6790

My opinion: any other program works very well for large projects: AS, PS, Tekla and (rest in peace) Strucad.

lanzman
Message 16 of 16 (328 Views)

10-30-2012 11:55 PM in reply to: petko666
Thats right guys, i agree. In my case i had to finish a project and the only possibility to do that, before i became mad, it was to seperate the 2D drawings in a single file and delete them from the 3D model file. advantage: you could work "normally" disadvantage: the connection to the part does no longer exist, and if something changes you must generate the drawings another time. So...

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Structural Detailing Category!

The AutoCAD Structural Detailing forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community