AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assign manual dimensions ASD2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
muleman1
515 Views, 3 Replies

assign manual dimensions ASD2013

Is it posible once a group has document attached to assign maunal dimensions in edition tab ...ASD2013

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
markhubrich
in reply to: muleman1

That's pretty much how I do it. I have dimension style templates for different types of details I make. Most of them have the dimensions turned off and I manually dimension the part. ASD likes to dimension way too many points that confuses the fabricator. If you don't turn off the dimensions in the style, and decide to move around and align the ones ASD does automatically, if you update the detail due to adding a hole in the model or something, all the dimensions get reset to messy again. I find it faster to just add them myself sometimes. Especially for stairs, where ASD loads up the dimensions .

...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 3 of 4
Jianna
in reply to: markhubrich

Mark, how do you turn off the dimensions? I can't find the option to get ASD to stop automatically dimensioning so that I can just manually dimension. Like you said, it's way too cluttered for anyone to understand.

Message 4 of 4
Jianna
in reply to: Jianna

I'm an idiot, aren't I? You just have to go into "Adjust Style" or "Change Style" and uncheck everything.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips