AutoCAD Structural Detailing General DIscussion

Valued Contributor
tedmail
Message 1 of 3 (382 Views)

XREF issues

382 Views, 2 Replies
07-11-2012 09:27 AM

I have been using ASD for two releases (now with 2013) and it still does not handle the XREFs well at all.  It will always have issues keeping the xref in the file if I close and open.  I must detach and xref all over again every time I open the file.  The autosave and save functions produce an error, but doesn't crash.  But if I try and modify an xref in place, all hell breaks lose and it crashes and destroys the file I have the xref to.

Any ideas?

Valued Mentor
ybogdanov
Message 2 of 3 (365 Views)

Re: XREF issues

07-16-2012 02:27 PM in reply to: tedmail

any solution from Autodesk?

Up!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Valued Mentor
Rich.O.3d
Message 3 of 3 (314 Views)

Re: XREF issues

09-20-2012 06:42 PM in reply to: tedmail

similar issues

when xrefed, an error randomly occurs which fails all the profiles and leaves just a stick model

reload sometimes fixes, but usually have to detach - reattach

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Structural Detailing Category!

The AutoCAD Structural Detailing forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community