AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Scrambled
533 Views, 2 Replies

View problem-

I am slowly working through most of the problems--Kinda

Here is the new one.

When I draw a model of a simple frame.  I added baseplates, 4 x 4 HSS, and shear plates, and 1 W 8 x 18.  I drew it using the front view.  Up is up, left is left and so on and so one.

Easy enough.

I then assign positions for everything a position.

Next I create automatic drawings of the assembly.

It does everything as it sould, but too many dimension.  I am working on that.

The problem is the Top, Front, and side view.   None of these are correct.  The front is the side, the side is not labled, and the top view is listed as a side view, and it is also upside down.  I think this is the bottom view, because the HSS is shown in red (hidden) and the shear plate is on the wrong side.

How do I change this?

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
HulelaG
in reply to: Scrambled

Steve, have you tried Setting dimension style, check draw part in actual positio and align arc profile to cord. in both column and standard assembly. also try grouping your parts to world uses. I had that issue before and its frustrating when you dealing with 200 assembly part or big structure. on top of your question Steve. does anyone know how to add erection mark, or top of beam so even when the beam is upside down, the top is still indicated?
Message 3 of 3
lucis29
in reply to: Scrambled

As I remember,  the view where dependent on UCS (hope I'm not wrong).

What I've done was to create a Drawing template with all the necessary views (Fron, Back, Left, Right, Up, Down) and use the Automatic Drawing. Then on the sheet I left only what side was usefull.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips